Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

29 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

I am going through the same with my engine noise issue.  Unless you cant drive the truck or its a safety issue not much is going to happen with BBB.  

If the BBB fails and it shouldn’t because Illinois law states a non conformity not safety issue I will simply sue GM.

9 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

If the BBB fails and it shouldn’t because Illinois law states a non conformity not safety issue I will simply sue GM.

good luck. I hope it works out. I did get some legal advice about my truck. Now keep in mind, my truck sounds like its going to blow up and I was still told the battle would not be worth it.  If they cant fix it after they come up with the proper solution then it should be a no brainer. 

Add me to the list (I'm experiencing very similar symptoms). 2019 RST Z71 purchased 12/1/18 w/ 5.3L V8/ 8 SPD. Dealer originally claimed it was a clogged Y-Pipe exhaust component containing the catalytic converter and replaced free of charge however sound started right back up once I picked it up and truck got up to temp. I notice the noise between 35-50 MPH mainly.

After 2nd visit, dealer showed me the bulletin and advised that they'll keep me updated so I'm hoping for a fix soon. By skimming through some posts, I see other members already had shafts, diffs, exhaust, etc changed and I'd like to know if ANY of these replacements under warranty fixed the issue? 

I watched original video from @Limelight as well and agree that's the sound I may be hearing..

After more research on here- this noise description sounds somewhat similar (link posted)... Anyone have this "fuel filler neck vent issue" addressed with positive results?

(I had the noise. If I remember correctly, the vent line on the fuel filler neck was either too narrow or it needed reinforcement as it would collapse on itself causing the whistling noise. My entire fuel filler neck assembly was replaced under warranty and it solved the problem.) @fish_guru

20 hours ago, Kozzy said:

Add me to the list (I'm experiencing very similar symptoms). 2019 RST Z71 purchased 12/1/18 w/ 5.3L V8/ 8 SPD. Dealer originally claimed it was a clogged Y-Pipe exhaust component containing the catalytic converter and replaced free of charge however sound started right back up once I picked it up and truck got up to temp. I notice the noise between 35-50 MPH mainly.

After 2nd visit, dealer showed me the bulletin and advised that they'll keep me updated so I'm hoping for a fix soon. By skimming through some posts, I see other members already had shafts, diffs, exhaust, etc changed and I'd like to know if ANY of these replacements under warranty fixed the issue? 

I had everything replaced and the sound came back in about 1000 miles. I got a call the other day from GM regarding my buyback and the lady said they can not do a final inspection as long as GM has that no fix available bullion in place. So this works in my favor because the truck is now being deemed "unrepairable" and hence qualifies for breech of warranty.

1 hour ago, ILSilverado said:

I had everything replaced and the sound came back in about 1000 miles. I got a call the other day from GM regarding my buyback and the lady said they can not do a final inspection as long as GM has that no fix available bullion in place. So this works in my favor because the truck is now being deemed "unrepairable" and hence qualifies for breech of warranty.

Same issue with my valve train noise.  Your not going to get far with this.  If it doesn't effect the operation or safety of the truck there's not much you can do. Just like my truck you have an annoying noise that's it. 

52 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

Same issue with my valve train noise.  Your not going to get far with this.  If it doesn't effect the operation or safety of the truck there's not much you can do. Just like my truck you have an annoying noise that's it. 

Im going to ask GM to put it in writing for my future legal case, that it wont effect safety or further damage the Truck and have engineering sign off on it.  Then will see what they do or say. Hey if its 100% true they should have no issue with that.

Edited by ILSilverado

15 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

Im going to ask GM to put it in writing for my future legal case, that it wont effect safety or further damage the Truck and have engineering sign off on it.  Then will see what they do or say. Hey if its 100% true they should have no issue with that.

I would assume you have in writing that they will fix it once a correct  fix is available? They told me if they found any damage after replacing the lifters that they would fix it as well. It sucks because the customer service advisors you talk to, know nothing about cars.  My concern was longevity of my engine considering they think it has a lifter issue. The guy on the phone had no idea what a lifter was.  Its like talking to a wall. Sounds like we would be better off if the truck as undriveable and then maybe gm would take this junk back. 

I guess I will just wait for the fix. Hope  it won't be to much  longer.  I don't know why they just don't replace the bad axles with the GM axles,  they don't seem to have a problem.

• Like 1

Remember, they were fixing them or at least trying. That is clear cut proof there is a problem. It is evidence in your favor. If it is true that the GM stuff is fine, it tells you two things. 1. The AAD stuff is defective in some way. 2. GM will never fix the issue because they already have the fix in hand. They are just stringing you out until they don’t have to pay. 

You have an easy case, but, you will never get anything unless you go the lemon law and hire attorney for that. GM choose to use an outside vendor and they are responsible. They already admitted a problem and have a fix for it. They can make all the excuses they want, facts are in. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Sierra slt 2wd, I am looking to get into a 2019 slt with the premium plus package. Is the jingle noise an issue on the 2wd as well as the 4wd? Or is it just on the 4wd??

4WD as it’s coming front the front axle shaft. 2WD will not have that issue. But with that being said my 4WD doesn’t have the issue either. 

9 hours ago, al504 said:

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Sierra slt 2wd, I am looking to get into a 2019 slt with the premium plus package. Is the jingle noise an issue on the 2wd as well as the 4wd? Or is it just on the 4wd??

The problem is with the AAM  front differential in 2wd, mine has the GM stamp logo on the axle housing and doesn't have that problem.

Edited by Silverado4x4

It’s definite related to the axles.  I just purchased a 2019 HC z71 package.  From the minute I pulled off the lot, I had that jingle sound from 30mph and up.  Would go away if I put into 4x4 auto.  When I purchased this truck I ordered the GM Trail Boss suspension which also swaps the axles up front , and had to wait for it to be installed.  Well it was done yesterday and guess what, no sound at all in 2x4.   I hope GM does the right thing here and helps everyone out.  

I also had both seals on the transfer case replaced because the truck was leaking trans fluid from the transfer case to trans seal, fluid all over the undercarriage and driveway.  It’s been an interesting 500 miles so far.  Love the looks and ride of this truck, it’s way better then my 2017 LTZ.  Let’s just hope it holds together!! 

Edited by JT19HC

19 minutes ago, JT19HC said:

It’s definite related to the axles.  I just purchased a 2019 HC z71 package.  From the minute I pulled off the lot, I had that jingle sound from 30mph and up.  Would go away if I put into 4x4 auto.  When I purchased this truck I ordered the GM Trail Boss suspension which also swaps the axles up front , and had to wait for it to be installed.  Well it was done yesterday and guess what, no sound at all in 2x4.   I hope GM does the right thing here and helps everyone out.  

I also had both seals on the transfer case replaced because the truck was leaking trans fluid from the transfer case to trans seal, fluid all over the undercarriage and driveway.  It’s been an interesting 500 miles so far.  Love the looks and ride of this truck, it’s way better then my 2017 LTZ.  Let’s just hope it holds together!! 

Maybe it’s more of a geometry issue that the lift kit fixes.