Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

7 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

So I never really got an answer and the noise is driving me insane. Can I keep my truck in auto? Or will it cause premature wear/damage? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s fine, a little extra wear and tear, a little hit to MPG but you won’t hurt anything.

3 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Thanks. I know it hurts the mpgs a little but wasn’t sure if that’s it. I assume it’s on 2wd still unless it detects slip?

Exactly, kind of like a full time AWD vehicle. 

I too am having the same issue, just got back from the dealership and they basically said that GM engineering is working on the issue to provide a fix. if anyone out there hears from their ship that GM finally came up with the fix, can you please post here and let us know. truck was 53k and now we have to wait god knows how long for a fix.

Got a call from my dealership last week and they say they have a fix, GM has ordered the parts and they will let me know when to bring my truck in. Don't know what  parts were ordered, but when I find out I will let you know.  Hope it works this time

Got a call from my dealership last week and they say they have a fix, GM has ordered the parts and they will let me know when to bring my truck in. Don't know what  parts were ordered, but when I find out I will let you know.  Hope it works this time

Please keep us posted. My finger is on speed dial waiting to call my dealership. Thanks

4 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Please keep us posted. My finger is on speed dial waiting to call my dealership. Thanks

Yes please do. Very curious to figure out why they are doing this. 

On 7/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, Thejet07 said:

So I never really got an answer and the noise is driving me insane. Can I keep my truck in auto? Or will it cause premature wear/damage? Thanks

You should not drive it on dry pavement in Auto so im told. I got a call from GM yesterday. My arbitration is close and GM is trying to settle.

25 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

You should not drive it on dry pavement in Auto so im told. I got a call from GM yesterday. My arbitration is close and GM is trying to settle.

Then why is auto available. If you were constantly slipping, you should already be in 4wd. Auto would be scenarios where it may be needed, but not 100% of the time. IE: dry and wet/slop snow.

alot  easier on those axles in slow speed, wet, turning situations as well.

I'm on my third GM vehicle and used auto4 very frequently in all of them, 200k+ miles. Did not have an issue with either drivetrain

1 hour ago, tanner709 said:

Then why is auto available. If you were constantly slipping, you should already be in 4wd. Auto would be scenarios where it may be needed, but not 100% of the time. IE: dry and wet/slop snow.

alot  easier on those axles in slow speed, wet, turning situations as well.

I'm on my third GM vehicle and used auto4 very frequently in all of them, 200k+ miles. Did not have an issue with either drivetrain

take a stroll through the owners manual.

2 hours ago, ILSilverado said:

take a stroll through the owners manual.

AUTOMATIC 4 HI
If road conditions frequently alternate between high- and low-traction areas, consider using the “AUTO” setting found on select GMC electronic transfer cases. This setting allows your GMC to automatically distribute torque to the front axle by anticipating the need for additional traction.  Shifting into “auto” engages the front axle, but the transfer case sends power primarily to the rear wheels in normal conditions and the clutches modulate torque forward to provide stability and enhance traction to the vehicle.  Although not always optimal for efficiency and wear of your vehicle 4wd driveline, AUTOMATIC 4 HI can be used on any road condition without risk of damaging your vehicle.

• Like 1