Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

3 hours ago, tanner709 said:

AUTOMATIC 4 HI
If road conditions frequently alternate between high- and low-traction areas, consider using the “AUTO” setting found on select GMC electronic transfer cases. This setting allows your GMC to automatically distribute torque to the front axle by anticipating the need for additional traction.  Shifting into “auto” engages the front axle, but the transfer case sends power primarily to the rear wheels in normal conditions and the clutches modulate torque forward to provide stability and enhance traction to the vehicle.  Although not always optimal for efficiency and wear of your vehicle 4wd driveline, AUTOMATIC 4 HI can be used on any road condition without risk of damaging your vehicle.

This is also dependent on your driving.  I teach EVOC training and we've destroyed some systems on dry pavement if people leave them in 4-Auto, because you can cause the system to kick in on dry pavement.  You probably shouldn't be driving that way on the street, but just a thought.

4 minutes ago, SqueakyBoot said:

This is also dependent on your driving.  I teach EVOC training and we've destroyed some systems on dry pavement if people leave them in 4-Auto, because you can cause the system to kick in on dry pavement.  You probably shouldn't be driving that way on the street, but just a thought.

I agree, and dry pavement in the summer vs the winter is two very different things. So are the winters we all experience. Turning this off or at least being cautious of it on any dry, high traction, surfaces is critical.

A more common scenario than damage to trucks, you'll see this in the ATV community alot. Where 90% of riders stay in awd/4wd when entering back on the pavement or hard pack - or the cases of plowing, slipping and suddenly hooking in.snap goes a front d/s or the front diff.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, z71 man said:

Got a call from my dealership last week and they say they have a fix, GM has ordered the parts and they will let me know when to bring my truck in. Don't know what  parts were ordered, but when I find out I will let you know.  Hope it works this time

Mine has been making the noise as well and today I had my HC in for its first oil change and mentioned the problem to my service writer. I also gave him a copy of the PIP that was posted here. They were unable to find anything about the fix in their system.

Please keep us posted on yours, and if possible any TSB, or other bulletin that would apply to the fix for it. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 5:37 PM, z71 man said:

Got a call from my dealership last week and they say they have a fix, GM has ordered the parts and they will let me know when to bring my truck in. Don't know what  parts were ordered, but when I find out I will let you know.  Hope it works this time

Any word yet? Can’t wait to get mine fixed. I’m sick of listening to jingle bells lol. 

27 minutes ago, dho238 said:

QS any news about this?  What did the dealer say?

They heard it and admitted it was very odd. They looked into it and told me about the #pip5653 (which I told them about) and said they spoke with the Gm tech line and said they are aware of it and they do not have a fix currently but expect one soon. I asked how soon, and they said, they expect within a few weeks. I also told them about my brake wear life indicators going down very quick, (50% in front with 5k miles) lol...which they also told me Gm is aware of and they said Gm HAS a software update for that but it hasn’t been released to dealers yet. This was over a week ago now. 

The dealership called me around July 10th about a fix on this issue.  They have not called me back yet, hopefully next week they will, or I will call them.   I will let everyone know as soon as I find out how they are going to fix this jingle

On 7/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, Tischmic said:

They heard it and admitted it was very odd. They looked into it and told me about the #pip5653 (which I told them about) and said they spoke with the Gm tech line and said they are aware of it and they do not have a fix currently but expect one soon. I asked how soon, and they said, they expect within a few weeks. I also told them about my brake wear life indicators going down very quick, (50% in front with 5k miles) lol...which they also told me Gm is aware of and they said Gm HAS a software update for that but it hasn’t been released to dealers yet. This was over a week ago now. 

My dealership told me the same thing, GM does not have a fix as of now

1 hour ago, Aycock1987 said:

I feel like everyone is giving up on this issue. Does anyone have any updates for a fix?

I spoke with my dealership last week, they said there isn't a fix yet. I have my first oil change tomorrow so I will try to ask a little more about it.

2 hours ago, The Tos said:

I spoke with my dealership last week, they said there isn't a fix yet. I have my first oil change tomorrow so I will try to ask a little more about it.

Ask them if they know if they are still working on one. Or if they can find out

6 hours ago, Aycock1987 said:

I feel like everyone is giving up on this issue. Does anyone have any updates for a fix?

Gm better not be giving up, or else they can buy my truck back and give me one that doesn’t sound like the Salvation Army bell ringers. I haven’t called Gm yet but I’m thinking I may have to.

14 hours ago, Tischmic said:

Gm better not be giving up, or else they can buy my truck back and give me one that doesn’t sound like the Salvation Army bell ringers. I haven’t called Gm yet but I’m thinking I may have to.

Always call and start a case.