I am new to this GM-Forums stuff, so what better way to get things started than to ask for some help!

Im the owner of a 2016 GMC Denali 2500 HD and Ive been in search of finding the perfect setup for wheels and tires/lift. Ive been all over the internet looking for a setup, and ive finally found this one that I believe is the most bad-aslkdjf setup out there. 

WHAT IS ON THIS TRUCK!!

I know its the FUEL TITAN D588 wheels with Toyo open country 35x12.50 R20 tires. This is just a cars salesman going through the truck and reading off what he can see...

My question is;

What wheel size is on this truck? Does anyone know and/or is able to figure out?

Is this a 2" lift/leveling kit? Is that all this is?

Will the 35" tires fit with just that minor trimming?

Can you still tow with a setup like this?

Hopefully someone knows as this is a killer setup!! 

https://youtu.be/a9Z9IMyzdp4

Screenshot (3).png

1 hour ago, jerseytaylor said:

also. use the customoffsets.com gallery. best tool to search for setups you may like.

I have done that already. Ive gone in and left every category blank except leveling kit, wheel size (20), wheel width (12), and tire size (35). Ive been on other websites as well looking for something similar to this truck... I can not find any info on it! Is this a setup that just doesn't work, and rubs like absolute hell at the slightest turn? Is this why nobody runs it?

it depends on the offset and how far outside the fenders those stick.  if its got a huge offset it shouldn't rub, except maybe at full turn.  With my 2 inch level/block I could run a 35" tire, but a 12.5" wide 35 would need about a 3 inch offset I would guess, just to keep it close to stock on the inside, where the rubbing would occur.  And you may need to space out the front bumper an inch.  

I have what looks like a similar set up.

Aftermarket keys, about 2" of lift dialed in, shock extenders on Bilstein 5160 shocks, BDS steering stabilizer, diff drop, Ready Lift upper control arms, Ridge Grapplers 285 75 18 on 18 x 9 wheels with +12 offset. 7500 lb Air-Lift Bags on rear.

A wheel with more backspacing would have me rubbing against the rear of the front fender while turning. Found a place that has a guy that does great alignments, drives truly like stock now, the UCA's made all the difference in the world.

IMG_0162.JPG

Edited by gearheadesw

14 hours ago, The_Quinn said:

I have done that already. Ive gone in and left every category blank except leveling kit, wheel size (20), wheel width (12), and tire size (35). Ive been on other websites as well looking for something similar to this truck... I can not find any info on it! Is this a setup that just doesn't work, and rubs like absolute hell at the slightest turn? Is this why nobody runs it?

a 12 wide wheel and a 35" tire on just a leveling kit, oh yeah, itll rub tremendously- probably even worse than that. A bumper spacer, norcal mod, and then cutting the bumper up would help a lot to alleviate it. After looking on customoffsets, there are guys with leveling kits and 33's and 20x12s that are still rubbing. The joys have having square wheel wells!

also...I have an 8" lift, 22x14s with 37" tires, a bumper spacer, norcal mod, and still had to trim my bumper lol- and i STILL slightly rub at full lock. I understand your frustration haha.

15 minutes ago, jerseytaylor said:

a 12 wide wheel and a 35" tire on just a leveling kit, oh yeah, itll rub tremendously- probably even worse than that. A bumper spacer, norcal mod, and then cutting the bumper up would help a lot to alleviate it. After looking on customoffsets, there are guys with leveling kits and 33's and 20x12s that are still rubbing. The joys have having square wheel wells!

also...I have an 8" lift, 22x14s with 37" tires, a bumper spacer, norcal mod, and still had to trim my bumper lol- and i STILL slightly rub at full lock. I understand your frustration haha.

damn square wheel wells..

Looking at that truck, It hasFabtech upper control arms.. Once I went to the Fabtech website, I found out that they make a 3.5" kit.. marketed as being able to fit 35" tires! Then if you put that info into Custom Offsets gallery, I found this;

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/360594/2017-chevrolet-silverado-2500-hd-fuel-maverick-rough-country-suspension-lift-35in

Id have to assume this is the setup on the unknown Denali. What do you guys think??

20 minutes ago, The_Quinn said:

Looking at that truck, It hasFabtech upper control arms.. Once I went to the Fabtech website, I found out that they make a 3.5" kit.. marketed as being able to fit 35" tires! Then if you put that info into Custom Offsets gallery, I found this;

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/360594/2017-chevrolet-silverado-2500-hd-fuel-maverick-rough-country-suspension-lift-35in

Id have to assume this is the setup on the unknown Denali. What do you guys think??

fyi check out his bumper. its cut as well. 

5 hours ago, jerseytaylor said:

fyi check out his bumper. its cut as well. 

Im going to guess it will need the bumper spacers as well as trimming the bumper