In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mace

2000 Silverado poor on mpg and lacking power

Having a major loss of power especially noticable when going up hill, and terrible fuel mileage(350 km to an 90 litre tank) have done all the basic things it could be like maf sensor, plugs + wires, Fuel filter, and air filter. I’ve heard talk about it being the cats but they are relatively new and got no codes, and help would be very appreciated!

Run a scanner and check if:
- changing from open loop to closed loop
- check o2 readings and confirm if STFT and LTFT are in spec
- check temp readings

may have a stuck injector. So a fuel pressure leak down test, should hold pressure for a bit after key off. If not, injector could be leaking. (Also, could have led to cat failure as fuel would end up on cat)

No cap and rotor.  It has ignition coil packs. 

Would I need a high end scanner for that open loop test, and turns out I was wrong the one cat is bad and I think there’s nothing left inside, oops. Got told a misfire is making my cats burn up. Appreciate the help I’ll get on that ASAP 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By j.c.hill
      So I recently purchased a 2020 GMC Sierra and I have the jump seat configuration Id like to switch to the jump seat to a center console and I was wondering has anyone done that on a 2019 or a 2020 GM truck already? I feel this is a do-able modification to my vehicle but Im looking to see what I would need to do. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Chevyowner1234
      I recently got a 2000 chevy s10 LS 4.3 v6 4wd that wont start it cranks no problem everything else works but the security light is always on it never flashes its solid i have tried the relearn procedure 10 times nothing i have scanned it for codes got none i have tried putting a ziptie tip in the passlock plug in and nothing i have found a forum that is having the same issue but they did the resistor and it didnt work for them i dont know what to do to fix it and get it to run i dont have the money and dont want to take it to the dealer so dont suggest that if you know how to fix it please let me know thank you.
    • By NTG2525
      Hello, Looking to upgrade my 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. I am set on the 4" BDS Lift kit with the Fox shocks. Is there any benefit to the BDS Recoil System Traction bar upgrade?  Or any benefit to the Rear leaf springs upgrade instead of the 4" blocks?

Secondly, I am deciding on whether I should get 33" tires or 35" - Any suggestions. Don't want 33's to look small, but don't want 35's to look to big or not fit. 
      Wanting the Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires and Fuel Rebel 8 D679 20x10 Rims.

Any suggestions on the BDS upgrades or Tire sizes is greatly appreciated. First time lifting a truck. Thanks!
    • By Eight Lug Thug
      I have a 2015 GMC 6.6 2500HD Denali 4x4 leveled out. 
      I currently have 305/45/22 tires, they do not rub!
      I'm hoping that the new set of tires I just purchased will Not rub...
      33x12.50x22 
      If anyone has any insight please respond
    • By Ferrari Eater
      Which engine is better? I assume the 6.2 has more power and the 5.3 has better mpg, but how much of a difference is it?