2014 Sierra 5.3 Bad Lifter

Well my 2014 Sierra has been making louder noises at startup for the past few thousand miles so I decided to take it in to the dealer. They called and said bad lifter and camshaft, 5k to repair or 9k for new motor. The truck has 110k on it so it's out of warranty and has always had oil and filter changed at dealer with almost all interstate driving. What is everyone's thoughts about this as well as the prices? 

I'm thinking of getting a second opinion on it as well. 
Second third and forth. Jus call around and ask whats the cost to replace the lifters cam and pushrods if you want to keep the fuel management stuff. You'll come outta pocket way less.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

MadTunes Racing (318) 490-2017

511 E Main St, Oak Grove, LA 71263

This place is about 1 1/2 hours north of you. $280 for the tune, around $1,200 labor plus parts. Guy was not 100% of the cam/lifter pricing but said he would be willing to get you a quote.

Edited by Mikebtte
  • Like 1

Now you got my a little worried lol my truck at 92k and the dod is still in use my warranty is up at 100k I wanna go get it tuned now , but I keep waiting .

My 14 silverado blew an engine because of same issue but it only had 24,000 miles on it. I was told it was a common issue happening...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk