DIY maintenance and warranty.

I don't bother with pics, just dates/mileage and description of work done/parts changed in a notes app.  I also store common torque values (like for the various drain plugs), as well as common parts numbers in it, as well as the list of RPO codes (and what each one means) in the app, which helps with find the right parts for my truck.

You guys are way too high tech with these photo records and cloud storage and e-records. I am only 30 and use no apps besides Nikon Spot On for shooting. Field notes and a pen for me, but maybe that comes from being a contractor. I just write it in the manual because the manual will go with the truck when you sell it, giving the new owner a chance to see what has been done to the vehicle over its life. I still have all the developed photos from my childhood, but next to none since the digital age started. Digital is not always better. 

You guys are way too high tech with these photo records and cloud storage and e-records. I am only 30 and use no apps besides Nikon Spot On for shooting. Field notes and a pen for me, but maybe that comes from being a contractor. I just write it in the manual because the manual will go with the truck when you sell it, giving the new owner a chance to see what has been done to the vehicle over its life. I still have all the developed photos from my childhood, but next to none since the digital age started. Digital is not always better. 

I was not saying digital is better for everyone, just offering my methods as it may inspire others. I am 35 and have zero developed photos of my youth, but every single photo since the advent of the digital camera. So potato potata, tomato tomata. Plus, I don’t care about the records for the next guy. I drive them all into the earth. I plan on keeping my truck till death do us part so to speak. Guess what I’m saying is different strokes for different folks. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk