In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Lower the rear of my Trail Boss

On 8/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, tlhayes said:

So I went with a 1” rear block in place of the stock 2”. Not perfectly level, about an inch difference. I’m happy with that, didn’t feel comfortable removing the block completely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282178911788

That’s what I bought. Solidly built, however, had to make some modifications for them to fit perfectly. First, the hole the pin sets into is too small, even though it say they fit. Had to have it machined out to 3/4”. Second, the pin itself is too long. So it had to be ground down about a 1/4”. Then hit it with some paint to keep the rust down as they are solid steel.

e51730deb17b598326ccb71c35c93ec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everything since your install? I am wanting to do this and can’t really find tapered blocks, only flat ones like you mentioned. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a 2021 Trail Boss. Specs says it's been lifted at the factory by 2". It has a 2" lift block in the back.

I too prefer a 'level, non-raked' look - just my personal preference.

What confuses me in this thread is how much to lower to back end to get the look 'level'.

Some posters removed the block entirely for a reduction of 2".

Some posters replaced the block with a 1" lift block.

Note: a lift block reviewer on Amazon even said that the 1" lift block leveling kit actually has a lift block that is 2" tall.

What confuses me is that posters seem to determine how much is appropriate only by how the results look.

I have yet to see any actual measurements.

(Although one poster says that after removing the entire block, the truck is "1/4inch" lower in the back.)

Where are some actual measurements?

I also have a 2016 2500 HD that I lifted the front by 2" to get it 'level'.

To do that, I measured the upper fender openings from the ground perpendicular to the axle.

Leveling a '21 Trail Boss might be a little different because the wheel base/body is a little different.

Is the stock Trail Boss 2" taller in the real measured at the top of the wheel well perpendicular to the axle?

Seems to me any actual measurement would indicate a 1" reduction would be more appropriate that a 2" reduction.

Any data out there?

Note: The data on my truck is not-necessarily relevant. Its has a wheelchair lift in the cab which adds a ton of weight.

FYI from the ground to the top of the fenders measure 42.25" in the front and 42.75" in the back - essentially 'level'.

Edited by alphamomega

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By customboss
      Here’s my Walter. 
    • By RocknRollAttitude
      The Trail Boss right after installing the Wicked W903 20x10 wheels and Federal 33x12.5 tires.
    • By RocknRollAttitude
      This was taken when the truck was fairy new and still had the stock wheels.
    • By Seth Trebatoski
      Hello All,

New to this site, just bought a new 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss a few weeks ago. One of the first things I am doing to this truck is upgrading the few halogen bulbs that GM decided to keep on it. The Rear backup and license plate lights all went super smooth, no issue. But when I went to remove the front blinker bulb from the housing I was faced with a different configuration than what I've seen. The place where you would normally find the circular grip for twisting out the bulb has a small hex head there in place, and it does not look to actually come apart (Please see attached picture). I think that I might have a different blinker than what normally comes with this trim (and I think it may already be LED) but I am unable to find anything online that resembles or mentions this configuration. I am only able to find the typical bulb backing which does not match mine.

Does anyone have insight to this or possibly know what kind of blinker I have? I have included a picture of the back of the blinker as well as the light housing itself as I think it too looks slightly different than others I have seen.

Thanks in advance!

• By Jarid Ashman
      Alright, before you say you don’t hear anything let me explain first. This video posted below is my 2021 Trail Boss 3500k miles and has the most annoying exhaust sound. I know there’s some serious pro’s on here who could tell me what’s going on.

Essentially any time I start it up high RPM, accelerate, or decrease RPM’s I’m greeted with this annoying metallic rattling noise coming from exhaust. 

Took it to dealer who claims it’s normal (per-usual) and says it’s the liters I can hear in the exhaust tone. They checked exhaust donuts and heat shields and found no issue.

However you can hear a rattle and what sounds like an exhaust leak. Was told it’s a flapper but it’s not, flapper is toward back passenger side. This is front passenger side. 

I could best describe it as escaping air coming from somewhere near the manifold I’d assume. Almost like a metallic farting exhaust noise for lack of better description. 

Videos to follow of noise while commuting.