Procharger Install on 2018 5.3L

I purchased the high output system which is complete with Prochargers tune I had to remove and mail them my ECU they tune it and sent it back via FedEx next day which was nice.  I assume it's a safe tune probably not a lot of timing in it and it's a little rich but I'll see how it goes if I feel like it needs more or needs a little help I have a great race shop 18 miles away that dyno tunes I will take it to them let them work their magic.  

In cabin noise is very minimal it's a quiet whistle sometimes more at idle than its quiet like normal now when it's got more throttle it sounds like a leaf blower you can here that its like a whoosh noise.  Seems to kick in around the 3000 3200 range,   haven't gone over 4000 yet I'm still babying it making sure erything is ok, no leaks hoses tight,  and the drive belt isn't touching anything.  This weekend I'll get it out on roads that are more friendly for it see what it can do I'll post about and answer your other 2 questions better.

8 hours ago, Hbbambislayer said:

Videos? HAHAHA!!! It took me 2 days to figure out how to get pictures on here lol and I didn't do it myself someone had to tell me.  I'll figure it out and get some for you guys.  

lol. upload video to youtube, then post the link in the thread. It should autogenerate the playable video when you post.

Edited by jaxcam02

8 hours ago, Hbbambislayer said:

Videos? HAHAHA!!! It took me 2 days to figure out how to get pictures on here lol and I didn't do it myself someone had to tell me.  I'll figure it out and get some for you guys.  

Guy puts supercharger on his truck in garage, can't upload pics to internet.

LULZ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The guy tried to upload pictures for 2 days but the site kept saying file to big,  a user finally told me to use tapatalk that worked.  I'm getting old I'm not up on all the techy stuff anymore.  

• Like 2

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎09 at 7:42 AM, Hbbambislayer said:

The guy tried to upload pictures for 2 days but the site kept saying file to big,  a user finally told me to use tapatalk that worked.  I'm getting old I'm not up on all the techy stuff anymore.  

Set the camera settings on your phone to take smaller sized pictures. Mine is set up to take the largest picture possible, so when you pull it up on an editing program, its like a 2' by 4' picture before resizing, I can only see a corner of the photo at a time on my monitor. Each photo is like 4.50mb, too big for the forum's required file size. If you're on windows 10, just find the photo you want on file explorer, right click and select "edit", it will open up on Paint, then click the "resize" tab and enter something like 25-35%, save it in another folder and it will be small enough to upload. 

Nice setup, look forward to seeing an acceleration video when you get it all done. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain

Sorry guys for delay on posts I was on vacation. The user who asked about the tuning of ECM only and not the TCM yes you are correct. It is my understanding that when using HP Tuner which is what Procharger uses the TCM on 2017 and up have to be sent out to HP to be unlocked before it can be tuned, I may be wrong on that but that is my understanding. Regardless they are separate modules so if your not sending both put they can't tune it. I will see what the shop says I'm taking it to to be dyno tuned they use HP, wasn't going to but 110 mph limit isn't doing it for me so I'll have them fix that problem too.

I finally got the Elite catch can installed I will post pics tomorrow, Elite never got back to me on my question which the answer would have been 1 word (really guy's $400 for a product and can't answer a question) but I figured it out after 2 days of googling (didn't help) and 1 phone call to a shop ([emoji106]). Other than that nothing new to say no videos yet I'll wait till after dyno day, only put about 30 miles on it since it was finished. I am ordering a new air filter though the 1 that came with it is big and annoying when trying to access the oil fill with the Elite Clean Side Separator installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That was first idea except 2 issues 1 that's where catch can is located and 2 the big issue the tube that comes around completely covers the oil fill it goes right over top I ordered a universal fit 6 inch that will fit directly to the supercharger it's perfect there's another user on here did same thing. 

Here are pictures of the catch can and new air filter. BTW new air filter is perfect $51 shipped to front door should be automatic purchase if you order this kit easy to put on (install the 1 with kit you'd see why I said easy to install) fits perfect. bc596a3d526a28c763621aec5f7cb5b3.jpg4ef2df6023e005a67f758a74ca99873f.jpg38ed1a0d3348cf48a99e5b38e6fb5f84.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk