Coupler for 5.3L Airaid Tube to Gen 5 LT1 TB

I am trying to find the outside diameter of the Gen 5 LT1 throttlebody. Can anyone help?

I need to find a coupler that will go from my Airaid intake tube to the new throttlebody. From what I have seen the new throttlebody has a slightly larger outside diameter.

Airaid has been completely useless, claiming their kits are all different and they can’t recommend a coupler. No different than when I got the tube in with wrong parts and had to find them on my own.

I need to find a coupler that will go from my Airaid intake tube to the new throttlebody. From what I have seen the new throttlebody has a slightly larger outside diameter. 

Edited by ws6firebirdta00

10 minutes ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Yes, I use it regularly. I probably read through about 20 posts and all the pages in them all - including the one you posted - without luck.

Unfortunately, that link was for LT1/LT4, Gen 2 stuff. I need Gen 5 info. I updated that in the original post to avoid any confusion.

Thanks.

Edited by ws6firebirdta00

Have you tried measuring it?  The airaid intake tube for the 5.3 and the 6.2 are the same.  I went to a local speed shop and bought a 4” diameter piece of silicone tube so I could use the intake tube from my 5.3 on my 6.2.  

1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

Have you tried measuring it?  The airaid intake tube for the 5.3 and the 6.2 are the same.  I went to a local speed shop and bought a 4” diameter piece of silicone tube so I could use the intake tube from my 5.3 on my 6.2.  

I don’t have the new TB. That is why I asked.

I want to have all parts ready to go.

So your 5.3 elbow did not fit, assuming it was too small? Did you measure your TB and get 4”?

Airaid has couplers, I think their end is about 3.85” where it necks down. I did not measure the L83 TB, but it is smaller than the Airaid. I would guess 3.5” or smaller.

20 hours ago, ws6firebirdta00 said:

I don’t have the new TB. That is why I asked.

I want to have all parts ready to go.

So your 5.3 elbow did not fit, assuming it was too small? Did you measure your TB and get 4”?

Airaid has couplers, I think their end is about 3.85” where it necks down. I did not measure the L83 TB, but it is smaller than the Airaid. I would guess 3.5” or smaller.

I never measured the 5.3 coupler, it came with the kit.  When I got the 6.2 truck I called  Airaid and found out the tubes were the same for the 5.3 and the 6.2.  I knew the 6.2 had a larger throttle body and thought I read somewhere it was 4”.  But yes I did measure the 6.2 and it was 4”.  

2 minutes ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Yes, it is.  I just followed the links shown to a conclusion.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/intake-pipe-reducer/pipe-reducer-p-541.html

The guy asked for the throttle body size of a gen5 lt1, and you gave him a link to a thread about the original LT1 produced 25 years ago.

I must be missing it, but it really doesn’t matter as my TB came in today.

The OD is 3.875”.

Intake bolts are 44 in-lb first pass, 89 in-lb second pass. Throttle body bolts are 89 in-lb.

Remember to put the intake manifold cover on before installing. I got distracted in a water gun fight with my daughter and I forgot the edge on the back means it can’t go in after the fact. The 5.3 manifold cover fits the 6.2 manifold.

Now to find a piece to connect the Airaid to the new TB, the situation I was trying to avoid :)

• Like 1