4l60e rebuild no movement after

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 the trans a 4l60e munched up a trust bearing a few of the needles from the bearing took out the rear plant. rebuilt the trans everything looks good replaced the torque converter. got it back together and....... truck won't move. I thought at first I pulled the torque converter off the pump because there was a pretty big gap from the flywheel to the torque converter but I put a gage on the pressure port and had 60psi at idle and shot up passed that in gear but my gage only goes to 140 so I know the pump is working. if I rev it up hi rpm like 4k it feels like it wants to go forward but won't (this is uphill on my driveway) same in reverse.  

i put 11QT of dex in it. 

any ideas? 

Did you install the bolts in the correct positions on the valve body? There's 5 different length bolts, and if you install one of the longer ones in the middle, it'll stab the sunshell and bind it, effectively stopping all movement. If this were the culprit, all you'd have to do is drop the oil pan, pull the valvebody bolts and re-do them all.

Edit, my mistake. There's technically 7 different sizes. (I typically don't count the last 2 because I leave them with their respective components, and since they don't actually attach the VB)

bolts4l60.png

Edited by carkhz316

Ya I could see that. I'm 99.9% sure I put them in right, also the engine feels like it has no load on it at all like there is no fluid. Witch makes me think it's the pump but I have 60psi...

1 hour ago, sefiroxx said:

Make sure the is well seated

So I check the

trans to engine its flush.

And the torque converter to flywheel it's also flush. 

When putting the torque converter on it did get pulled back to the flywheel. 

Fluid was up passed fill mark. I'll check where the cold line is. 

I did mix parts, only the planatary gear in the rear. It was an exact match and can rotate transmission by hand from the rear out put shaft as well as the input shaft. 

Im pretty sure it's the same. When I changed it I compared the old new and old and found it to be the same. I can free spin the output shaft by hand with no resistance. Also it came out of the same year vehicle from the junk yard. 

My best guess so far is I have a shuttle in the valve body in wrong. I'm going to drop it and make sure it's all correct. 

8 hours ago, davester said:

Are you sure it's an "exact match"?

I know the 4L80e was modified over time, and some parts you had to swap as a group.  The 4L60e likely has similar changes over the years.

7 hours ago, mkultra said:

Im pretty sure it's the same. When I changed it I compared the old new and old and found it to be the same. I can free spin the output shaft by hand with no resistance. Also it came out of the same year vehicle from the junk yard. 

My best guess so far is I have a shuttle in the valve body in wrong. I'm going to drop it and make sure it's all correct. 

As long as it came from the same year of trans, you can swap pretty much almost all parts on the 4L60. The only things that differ within a same year are clutch arrangements, 2-4 servo, and other valve body calibrations. Almost all the hard parts, including your rear planetary, are interchangeable all the way back to '93, and even earlier on the 700R4, since they're virtually the same.

so i dropped the valve body to see if i put something in wrong. all gaskets, check balls, suttles, manual shift linkage, and everything else was good. guess I have to drop the trans again. 

On 5/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, sefiroxx said:

You can do a quick check on harness to solonoid check to help narrow the diagnostics

http://www.atra.com/Bulletins/1995/AllYear/atb269.pdf

good info but i skipped this because i should at least have one forward and 1 reverse gear. but ill put this info in my file. thanks

On 5/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, carkhz316 said:

As long as it came from the same year of trans, you can swap pretty much almost all parts on the 4L60. The only things that differ within a same year are clutch arrangements, 2-4 servo, and other valve body calibrations. Almost all the hard parts, including your rear planetary, are interchangeable all the way back to '93, and even earlier on the 700R4, since they're virtually the same.

ya only part swap was the rear planet (which has yet to even spin lol)