Had my 19 Silverado about three days before I realized... my bed sits about 1/2-3/4” further to the driver side than the passenger side.

I’d noticed I was getting crap fuel economy on the highway, something like 16.5-17 MPG. With a 5.3 i expected 20+.

The truck is now at the dealership and they are saying they have no idea how to correct this. They pulled 3 new trucks from the lot at random, they all were misaligned. No adjustment built in.

Anyone out there had this issue and GM gave them a way to fix it?

First post,

Chambo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cr250Silverado said:

Wow, and I was annoyed that my 18’ had misaligned rear doors... sorry man I hope they figure something out for you.

Me too :/

i waited many many years to be able to afford a brand new pickup. Hoping I didn’t go with the wrong company.

On the K2 trucks you can unbolt the bed with 8 bolts, might just need to loosen the bolts and slide the bed over? If nothing else they could elongate the mounting holes in the bed to allow adjustment... Not a factory suggested adjustment but, gotta live in the real world...

13 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

On the K2 trucks you can unbolt the bed with 8 bolts, might just need to loosen the bolts and slide the bed over? If nothing else they could elongate the mounting holes in the bed to allow adjustment... Not a factory suggested adjustment but, gotta live in the real world...

Tech at the dealer said they took out the adjustable parts.. so currently it is what it is. I’m hoping GM gives them a better option than cutting.

The bed on my new 2018 Silverado Crew Cab seems to be aligned correctly with the cab on the driver's side, but sets inward a bit on the passenger side about 1/2" like you mentioned. But that doesn't bother me as much as the misaligned driver's side door.  But I do get 20+ mpg with the 5.3, and sometimes up to 24 mpg. I wish the body panels were aligned as well as it runs, drives and rides... 

Glen

3 hours ago, redwngr said:

Maybe the bed is correct and the cab is offset on it's mounts...

Considered this, but the front clip aligns perfect and the rear bumper seems off too. But, I’ll ask the tech tomorrow.

I measured the gap from the cab to the bed. right near the read door. One side is maybe 1/8 on an inch closer. you cant tell just by looking. I'm sure none of them are spot on but 3/4 seems like a lot. My rear bumper is the same on each side. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ct_corey said:

I measured the gap from the cab to the bed. right near the read door. One side is maybe 1/8 on an inch closer. you cant tell just by looking. I'm sure none of them are spot on but 3/4 seems like a lot. My rear bumper is the same on each side. 

I wish I had taken a photo. My bed sticks out to the driver side, not necessarily further to the front or rear of the truck.  

This has been my issue too. 17 on the HWY only. I blamed the bed catching air behind the cab.

check you bed?