You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By G D Packard
      91 s10 4.3 non vortec motor work in a 2000 s10 vortec 4.3?
    • By G D Packard
      91 s10 4.3 non vortec motor work in a 2000 s10 vortec 4.3?
    • By ChevyRoofer
      I'm looking to see if anyone knows of anyone who has swapped a LS engine into a GM 2014-2018 1500 series truck.  Most likely with the 6L80.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Looking to do this with a LS3, more specifically one from TSP.

Been coming up with a new daily driver truck build for myself in the next 1-2 years.
      Little info for anyone who is interested/wants to suggest anything.

Engine/Trans:
      LS3 from TSP w/ 550-600 HP @ Crank 
      102mm throttle body
      ARH LT Headers
      Electric cutout for exhaust dump
      CAI Intake
      TSP, Borla, or Corsa Catback exhaust
      Custom Driveshaft?
      Circle D Torque converter
      6L80 with 4.10/4.56 Yukon Gears

Build truck:
      2016 GMC Sierra SLT/Denali 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 or 2WD
      BDS 4" Suspension lift
      King 2.5 Suspension Front & Back w/ reservoirs
      Cognito/Camberg UCAs
      Metal Front & Rear Bumper
      Intellihaul Tow Mirrors
      McGaughy's Traction Bars
      20" Method Wheels wrapped in 35x11.5x20 Nittos

• By hookooehoo
      Hi All this is my first time posting here. I hope i got the right area and am doing this right.
      Anyways, I have read a few post about 'do i buy a truck with 8.1l or a Duramax.' Well my situation is a little different. I have a '05 2500 Suburban with a 496 and 4L85E. My 496 is burning oil like non other and everyone (including 3 dealerships) says to just rebuild/replace motor since I have 176K miles on her. I have always wanted to send my suburban to Eric at Duraburb and get a duramax & Allison put in. But now that I am in a position that I HAVE to get something done, I dont know which direction would be the best overall choice. I am stuck between getting the Duramax put in or getting a Raylar Motor which is bumped up to a 540ci! I have always loved my gas motors and had no issues. But have always thought, well i have a 2500 rig a nicely tuned diesel would be a great way to go. But after finding the Raylar guys and their motor a almost 700 hp 540ci suburban sounds pretty bas ass too! She's my daily driver. We sold the boat a few years ago and are looking to replace it with a 28ft or larger travel trailer or a Tritoon boat. So she still needs to be able to tow. 
      Any personal thoughts on which way to go are welcome! Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    • By Malhavok
      New kid on the block and I sure coulds use some help. I have a 2wd 2005 sierra with a 4.3 vortec (blown) and 4l60e

tranny. I was pretty much given a 98 jimmy

with same tranny and motor except of course jimmy is 4wd. I (we) have

swapped motors and everything was falling into place and then... The tranny wont engage. The fluid level is good

linkage shifter working properly put fluid in torque converter before we installed it but no movement what so ever.

Could someone tell me what to try next? When swapping engines we had to modify knocksensor swapped oil filter

adapter and my buddy used the TC off of the Jimmy. He said the one originally in the sierra stuck out to far. Hell I

believe him I wasnt there when that change took place I just know nthe truck didnt move. Right now I have the tranny

disconnected and put the TC from the sierra back in tranny. I still neede to reconnect it but I thought Id ask for some

guidance first. Thanks in advance for all the help.

"Do sober what you said you would do while drunk.

That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
      Edgar Alan Poe