My 2018 GMC Sierra SLT with e-Assist stutters intermittently when cold and backing up with foot applying lite pressure to the brake. It also does this at times when going forward. It has 14K miles but it has done this since about 3K miles. I finally took it in for diagnosis today. They were able to reproduce the problem.  They scratched their heads for a while before concluding that the brake pads and rotors were glazed.  This seems unlikely and I would appreciate learning if others have experienced this problem and how it was resolved. I am thinking it’s a problem with the e-assist trying to decide to stop the engine or not.

My e assist I have 4K on, bought new in May with 400 miles. It definitely has some weird tendencies when going very slow. Nothing else seems to bother it, I will be looking into it shortly with the head mechanic at my dealer to see what he thinks. They are friends of mine, should be interesting, 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chargershed
      New to these forums, have a 2019 Sierra SLE 2.7L turbo. 4x4 crew cab. Has some x31 bits, because you cant get x31 with the turbo... 
      Coming soon, fog lights, leveling kit and a two-tone paint job... Bought in Denver , moved to Phoenix the next day. Truck has been in the shop longer than I've driven it. Had a 2000 Sierra and a 2005 Canyon in the past. Hello!
    • By RyF
      I replaced these wheels with aftermarket at the 2,000 mile mark. They are like new, as you can see in the pictures. I'm selling them all together (four Denali wheels, the spare, and five Goodyear Wranglers with full tread life). The Wranglers are 265/70R18. The 8x180 lug pattern is for the HDs, but they can be adapted to different lug patterns if you're trying to update an older model truck. 
      They're all beautiful with no curb scuffs or damage of any kind. I'm asking $1,000 for all five, but I'm somewhat flexible on that if you make a solid offer early. You can come pick them up, or I'm willing to ship them if you're willing to pay the shipping. PM me if interested or post publicly if you have any questions that could benefit the group. 

• By ApertureX
      https://www.gmc.com/trucks/choose-your-sierra-heavy-duty-pickup-truck
      Click on the 2020 button in the red if it doesn't show up by default:

• By JoshReddy
      I installed aftermarket tow mirrors on my truck, i also purchased a factory gm tow mirror wiring harness from my dealer. The mirrors cam from eBay. I plugged everything in and it works except when I turn on any signal light all the lights come on, both signals on the truck and on the mirror. The mirrors have turn signals on the glass and the front, the cargo lights work fine but when signalling its like my emergency flashers are on. Any help?
    • By train23
      2003 Sierra 2500hd 6.0l

If i were to drive from home to the gas station (10 min, Cluster works). Turn my truck off, go inside (maybe 5 - 10 mins). Come out, start my truck. the cluster will not come on right away. I'd drive anywhere from a min to 10 min down the road before it comes on..

now for the most part nothing i do will fix it. i tried: turning it off then back on. (nothing), tapping the cluster thinking a lose connection (nothing). there is only one thing that MAY fix it but i cant tell if it just happens by coincidence... my a/c fan nob doesn't work on 1 or 2, it only works on 3, 4, and 5 (opened it up and it looks like everything is making contact, thats a different problem) anyways, if i turn the nob ether from off to 3 or 3 to off it looks like it makes the cluster come on. 

any thoughts out there?