After battery change, getting service stablitrack, abs, trailer brakes, power steering...

I've changed dozens of batteries, never had an issue. Specifically on this 2014 Silverado, this is the second battery. 

Disconnected neg then pos as usual. Reconnected new battery, slight spark on connection nothing abnormal. Now I have a service stabilitrack, abs, trailer brakes, power steering lights all on...

Read something about big fuse that probably got zapped. Looking girl recommendations and location of this big fuse.

Thanks.

Get the new battery checked, its possible the battery has a dead cell in it.  If thats the case, it could be giving you all kinds of voltage irregularities. 

I'm sure you've checked already, but double check the terminal connections.

-TheImpalaMan

Have you absolutely, definitely got all the positives back on to the connection block, I had one tucked down out of sight when I installed new battery, had power to most stuff but got similar errors to your description.

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2019 at 5:45 AM, peejaykay said:

I must be missing something. Nothing on the distro block looks like a fuse. Are they integrated? Replaceable?

Did you ever get this fixed? Just replaced my battery and no power steering and, oddly enough, an icy road warning because the temp displays 32* F.

Apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I'm sure you were pretty frustrated after completing a routine job and seeing all the CELs. I know I was. So this happened so long ago, I don't recall what I did to fix the issue. Do you remember what you did, for documentation purposes? I'm sure someone else will run into this. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, DanJS10 said:

Did you ever get this fixed? Just replaced my battery and no power steering and, oddly enough, an icy road warning because the temp displays 32* F.

Did you ever figure this out? I am going through the same thing with my 2014 GMC sierra right now

• 6 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 7:52 AM, peejaykay said:

Apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I'm sure you were pretty frustrated after completing a routine job and seeing all the CELs. I know I was. So this happened so long ago, I don't recall what I did to fix the issue. Do you remember what you did, for documentation purposes? I'm sure someone else will run into this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! im having this issue and don’t know what to do next!

Not an expert on this but was at a friends shop (AC Delco Service) and he was changing a battery in a newer (Cadillac) car.  Before they did anything they hooked up a battery charger (professional floor model) to keep power to the vehicle while they removed the battery.  I asked him why, said because they don't want the vehicle to loose power as it can cause problems.   Now by problems I never thought to ask him it he just mean extra work for them or some other issues like the OP has.

Edited by elcamino
err

I have seen that before about connecting an external power source when changing the battery and was concerned about this last fall when I changed mine. But in the end, I decided to skip that step and just pull the old battery and install the new one. I didn't have any issues or warning messages and it worked out just fine. I also only disconnected the positive from the battery and pushed that power distribution block in towards the engine instead of disconnecting all those extra positive wires. I don't recall why now but I seem to recall that I had the old battery out for several hours before I got a chance to put the new battery in. Maybe that allowed all residual current to get used up and that was the difference??? But I also disconnected the negative 2nd instead of doing the negative first like it usually recommended. I then connected the negative first before reconnecting the positive. 

I changed out the batteries in my 2018 Silverado Duramax yesterday and am having the same issues.  All comfort systems are out (including the heat) as well as the center screen and the digital part of my dash display.  I'm getting a lot of warnings as well and am unable to clear them.  Hoping someone has some ideas.  I disconnected the negative leads on both batteries, turned on the headlight switch and left it for over an hour to drain the computer.  Just reconnected it and nothing changed.  Would appreciate any help.