In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

coyt80

2019 Silverado brake percentage

On 6/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, tbare54 said:

Hey instead of worrying about what someone else does or does not do, how about someone tell me about the results, after the dealer has supposedly updated the brake sensor software and reset them. My thoughts are if GM puts it there, I am sure you pay for it, so it should somehow work. I am curious in the results of someone that has had there dealer update the software.

Had the software update done and had it reset to 100% with about 10000 miles on the vehicle. Now the bulletin says to only reset if 6000 miles or less but the dealership did anyhow. 13000 miles and both readouts say 99%. It did slow down the wear indicator a bit. So now it might be stuck at 99% or I really drive softly.

Went in for first service 5960 miles brake monitor read 14 front 22 rear, had the update done was at 100 drove less than a mile back to 14 and 22, went back and im sure they just reset it this time but so far its reading 98 f and 99 rear, I don't care if its wrong just don't want bells to go off if it drops to low. 

Mines been at like 14% front and 16% rear for 2 weeks now. Tonight, this happened. 

The boat is in storage for the year so I don’t need my shitheap that badly.  I’m gonna leave it with the dealer tomorrow and take a loaner and let them figure it out along with a couple of rattles and a transmission that endlessly shudders like a vibrating bed in a cheap roadside motel with a slug stuck in the coin slot. 

Apologies for the sideways pics. 

DD4961C4-92DB-4DE1-8187-F97B891C68CA.jpeg

7701E9F2-08B6-4A7D-854A-4F81A68F2CD9.jpeg

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy

The software update seems to have fixed the problem...I was at 0% at 7k they reset it and now 8k at 99% 

Very curious to find out what my dealer says.  I have 3820 miles on my '19 RST and my front say 21% and rear 45%.  Now I do tow my camper with it but never had much of an issue especially with the max tow package and trailer brake.  21% seems very excessive for a 3 month old truck with very little miles on it.  Going in for oil change next week so I am going to have them look at it.  Glad I read the thread because I was starting to panic a bit.  Heard there are some brake issues with the 19.

glad i'm not the only one experiencing this and that it looks like a non-issue for the most part.  i have 65% on the front with less than 3k miles on mine.  will ask about the reset when i bring it in for the first scheduled maintenance.

I have a 19 z71 rst and it does the same thing. Brakes dont make a sound. They've also been stuck at 16% front and 13% rear for about a month and a half. I think it's just a manufacturing error, as the sensor may not be properly place and only picks up a certain amount of pad giving a false reading. OR it could be the brake reservoir being slightly under full and giving you that false % as well. 

Posted (edited)

I noticed my truck was at like 10% break-pad life or something, with 11,000 miles on it.  I was just going to manually watch the brakes, because they definitely had waaaaaaay more than 10% life left.

I took my truck to the dealer for other recalls and noticed on my invoice

N192264451 - Customer Satisfaction Program - Premature  Break Wear Notification

Already programmed with most recent software, all sensor are in good shape.

I also noticed they reset the brake life indicator to 100%

Edited by jefferoonie

On 3/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, jefferoonie said:

I noticed my truck was at like 10% break-pad life or something, with 11,000 miles on it.  I was just going to manually watch the brakes, because they definitely had waaaaaaay more than 10% life left.

I took my truck to the dealer for other recalls and noticed on my invoice

N192264451 - Customer Satisfaction Program - Premature  Break Wear Notification

Already programmed with most recent software, all sensor are in good shape.

I also noticed they reset the brake life indicator to 100%

I have 63000kms on my 2019 trail boss and on my 3rd set of brakes,  the pins in the callipers are seizing and when I apply the brakes they stick on  and don’t release so slight pressure is always on. Got told to use wd40 on pins so they wouldn’t seize. 

WD40?  That should be good for 15 minutes or so.  Did they try making sure the pins were cleaned and well lubed with disc brake caliper lube?

23 minutes ago, davester said:

WD40?  That should be good for 15 minutes or so.  Did they try making sure the pins were cleaned and well lubed with disc brake caliper lube?

Yes, what I thought. 

Got a notice in the mail today that they will reset it when it's in for service,kind of looked like a recall notice.