Just came out from dinner where I parked away from everyone to find somebody had dinged my door and knocked paint off, any input on fixing it myself or taking it somewhere and price difference for either is greatly appreciated 

20190513_202556.jpg

part0(10).jpg

part0(12).jpg

A factory color match paint pen is the easiest fix.

You'll be spending big dollars if you really want to get the door painted.

I've used paint pens to fix numerous flaws like that with nearly perfect results IF you take the time to learn how to prep and finish. Having said that my color is not metallic and that makes a difference. Last door I had painted set me about $600. 

8 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

That's actually a great option! 

I absolutely hate jackwagons that couldn't care less if they damage another vehicle with their stupidity and ignorance. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, austin.flake said:

Just came out from dinner where I parked away from everyone to find somebody had dinged my door and knocked paint off, any input on fixing it myself or taking it somewhere and price difference for either is greatly appreciated 

20190513_202556.jpg

part0(10).jpg

part0(12).jpg

I would check for a Paintless Dent Removal Company in your area.

They can take care of both.

Almost forgot, welcome to the site and congratulations on your truck!!!

Edited by JimCost2014

Posted (edited)

It sucks that it happened to you. But you aren't entirely blameless. If you don't want door dings, don't park near anyone. Walk an extra 100 ft. (more if necessary), it's good for you. People that try to get as close to the front door of Walmart (not saying this is you) sort of get what they get. Any jackass in a 2001 Saturn will end up next to you and they don't give two s&*ts about their car, so they give less than that for yours.

Just sayin..........

Shakey

PS

Just reread your OP. I guess you did try to get away from the crowd. Maybe it wasn't far enough......:sigh:

Edited by Shakeydeal

This is why I park in the back 40 everywhere I go and walk a ways. People driving a piece of sh*t don't care about banging their door into a nice ride. Even some people that have a decent vehicle don't care. People are ignorant in this matter. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 2018GMC
      Hey all,
       Just washed the 2018 and found 2 rock? Chips on the top middle of the hood. 

Guess I could attempt to touch up with a touchup pin. Would you just put clear on the chip? Looks like it’s not down to primer.  Of course it will be tough not to create a bubble of touchup. 

Any good techniques?

This happening to others?

Truck just turned 6 months old!

• By SEVENALL
       Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience using Meguiar’s ultimate compound on a mild scratch I had on the truck when purchased.  It was really hard to get good pictures with the iPhone, but I think it shows a pretty good before and after. And yes, in case you’re wondering, the scratch is in the exact same spot in both pictures. It made a huge difference. And with no micro scratches left on the clear coat around the scratch either. There is a residual ‘shadow’ of the scratch still in the clear coat, but it is in no way visible unless pointed out to you.  It drove me crazy, as every time I would walk up to the truck it would catch my eye. This only took four minutes to do with an applicator sponge, and a light wipe down after with a microfibre towel.  And I have a ton of the product left to use for probably the lifetime of the vehicle. I sold Meguiar’s years ago at a shop I worked at, and the stuff has never let me down.

Cheers all!

• By bndawgs
      2 yr old got it with a broom the other day while he was trying to clean up the driveway. It does taper out and get lighter as it continues along the fender. But it was pretty much my fault because I watched him hit my step bars first and thought to myself that he was getting awfully close to my truck. Lesson learned I guess.

My question is, can I fix this by hand and if so, what products exactly do i need to get? I did try some Scratch-X on it already, but only with a terry cloth towel.

• By Gofas
      So the razor thin paint that is on these 2014/16 trucks, is it easy to repair?
      I don't seem to think there is much of a clear coat either. I have a pea sized CHIP on my door and several around the wheel wells with only 10k miles. Hand washed never car washed. I guess I'm hoping to learn how to touch up paint. I have the emerald green paint. It was a special color option. And the paint chip sticks out cause it's white underneath.
      Love the color, but I don't see the paints beauty lasting at this rate. Any tips or products that I can use for paint chips and scratches? Gm offer a touch up kit?
      Im tired of bitching an moaning and want to just do something about.
      Would love to hear some suggestions or links to "how to" videos on the subject.
    • By Tony Bianco
      So, yesterday morning I walk out to my truck to head over to the gym and noticed a scratch underneath the driver front door. This truck has absolutely no dings nor scratches on it even with 86K miles on the odometer. I couldn't believe what I was seeing ........ and then I noticed the scratch on the fender and eventually all the way around the entire truck. They didn't touch the hood or the bumpers, but everything else suffered damage.
      I wanted to cry ...... but, I didn't!

I don't tend to piss people off (or at least not intentionally). Even so, this is way above and beyond what I might even do if I were really upset.

Brought it to a body shop for an estimate (Caliber Collision ....... great work in the past) and am being told that these scratches all go "into" the metal panels. Meaning the metal/aluminum is going to have to be sanded to remove the grooves. Of course, the truck is getting a complete paint job at a price of $7K. The shop says the work will take about a month to be completed.

Thing of it is is that I have dash cams mounted to the windshield and rear window. The front camera caught someone quickly walk by the front and turn toward the passenger side. The rear camera caught the same thing, but it looks like they were trying to stay low/out of sight. Maybe they knew the cameras were there?

Anyway, here's the damage ........