In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Biggest tires on AT4 20" stock wheels with NO modification

Just ordered BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2s for my 2020 Sierra 2500HD. Size is 285/65R20 (only 1/2" larger than the stock 275/65R20). I'll let you know how they look/fit, but shouldn't be an issue at all with rubbing and what not.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LT295/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock AT4

35x11.50x20 Ridge Grapplers. Bought the truck last thursday and had these installed two days later. Zero rub, smooth, ride great.

Posted Images

I have a new 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 4WD, Crew Cab Short Box. It has the factory 2" lift.   I have the stock 18" tires and rims that come with the truck. 

I am looking to go 20" rim but need to figure out what is the biggest tire in a 20" that I can put on without rubbing or doing any trimming.   I am just looking for the aesthetic of biggest tire and that it comes out of the wheel well just a little.

I have been researching it and seen so many different sizes such as

LT285/60R20 

305/55R20

LT275/60R20

The rims I am looking at putting on are

Fuel Zephyr.    20x9 +18mm offset

XD842 Snare. 20x9 + 20mm offset

Any input is greatly appreciated.   Picture of the truck I just got.

IMG_2851.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, destrada127 said:

I had accelera m/t 01 35/12.50 on stock 20s and just mounted 37s today so if you're interested in them I'll sell them to you. And you can see that I fit them with no problem. I did do a 1.5" motofab leveling kit to fix the rake (which is also for sale) but it was not added until a month laterd1337df7220039585d85cfda660d0d9d.jpg36b0a1541b82caf5717b16f47d010144.jpg0c4c3a2e222a355fb608af3e938d2c01.jpg30f3a64dcb531064d20dd15767c693a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hi sir I know this post is old by now... Do you think I could fit 22" wheels with the same size tires? I have a level kit I plan to install as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Big Whiskey
      Quite a while ago, I bought a set of factory 18" rims from a midnight edition HD. I was planning to run 35x12.50x18's, but tire prices went up and some tires became hard to find. Finally, I found a good deal at my local tire shop on a set of Sumitomo Encounter AT's in 325/65/18. For those that don’t know, Falken tires are made by Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. The Sumitomo Encounter AT has a lot of similarities to the Falken Wildpeak AT3W, which I ran previously and was very pleased with. The Encounter AT is a fairly aggressive all-terrain, with a 60,000 mile warranty and the 3PMS rating. The tread depth in my size is 20/32, which is about the deepest you’ll find in an all-terrain. The 325/65/18 has an overall diameter of 34.7” and a section width of 13.3”. They look huge compared to my old 285/75/17’s. 

My suspension is completely stock, except for a 1.5" crank (7-8 turns) on the torsion bars and shock extensions. Much to my surprise (and delight), the 325/65/18’s fit without any additional modifications. They’re really tight, but they clear. They barely rub the frame at full lock, but I'm not worried about that. I’ll probably pull back my fender liners with zip ties, for extra peace of mind. They're very close when hitting a bump while turning. They look like they belong on the truck, and I’m quite happy with them. These trucks have a very blocky/wide body style, and a bigger tire helps fill the wheel wells and improve the overall look.

Here's a few pictures...

• By GavinRowbotham
      I own a 2016 Sierra 1500 and need a new OEM front bumper. What other year model front bumpers are interchangeable with the 2016?
    • By Mirage_Man
      Forgive me if this question has been discussed but I could not find anything with a search. 

I have a 21 Trail Boss that I want to lift 4" for a total of 6" to fit 35's. I have been looking for awhile now at the available lifts specific to the Trail Boss and AT4 and have narrowed it down to two... 

The BDS 1805H strut spacer lift with UCA's. 
      https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1805H

And  

Rough Country 27550 with their Vertex damping adjustable coilovers. 
      https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-27530c.html

The cost of the kits are within a couple hundred dollars of each other. 

I have watched all the reviews I could find on the Vertex coilovers and they seem to be good. I like the idea of them but I understand they can't be rebuilt so if they fail out of warranty I would have to replace them. Add to that the general sentiment that Rough Country in general isn't necessarily the greatest in terms of quality makes me very uncomfortable putting the kit on my truck. 

BDS on the other hand has great reviews and a stellar warranty but I only get a strut spacer lift with new UCA's that retains the factory coilover with the Rancho shocks. 

What are your thoughts, opinions and or experiences? Your input is much appreciated! 
    • By GMSierraGuy
      I saw this video comparing most GMC Sierra 1500  exhaust but still cannot decide.

https://youtu.be/UQsP4qnVbOM?t=61

Any tips on the best GMC Sierra 1500 exhaust? hp? sound?

I would appreciate hearing from those that already upgraded their exhaust.

• By tripledistilledian
      Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about fixing the tailgate latch rods on a 2005 GMC Sierra. When I bought the truck, the tailgate wouldn't open but I thought all it needed was a replacement latch because the connecting pins were gone. I replaced the tailgate latch itself because i needed to anyway, but the rod on the right is stuck in place. Does anyone know what might be the problem? The left rod moves freely, but the right one is stuck. Thanks for any help.