Looking for a good shop I’ve bought all the part for the delete anybody recommend a shop in the dfw area? HMU or a person just don’t want to spend another 2000$ on just labor, my truck was making a ticking noise when I got it but didn’t think much of it... I kinda accelerated hard next thing u know I think that lift collapsed because I don’t hear it ticking anymore and the check engine light started to flash and the traction control came on and code p0307 its misfIring in cylinder #7 which is a afm lifter... i bought a Brian Tooley Racing DOD delete kit and a non afm Brian Tooley Racing cam that’s close to factory specs so I don’t have to change more things anybody know a good reliable person that does these?

B530991D-AF6D-404F-80BF-5E04DF63BA3C.jpeg

AA809AF9-ED06-42B9-98DC-F125DC23617E.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
Add some stuff I forgot to say

Yeah I saw this video, just don’t wanna have to deal with it again so I’m gonna just do the full delete since my truck isn’t under warranty and Im buying it as is. That’s a koo cheap fix tho if I wasn’t planning on keep the truck for awhile I would of tried that

If you have a spare car you can drive just roll up your sleeves and do it your self.  I'm in the process of doing one right now to my truck.  It's a l86 6.2 2014 sierra.   I have basically the same story.  I haven't found any thing yet that's really that hard.  If you want i can send you links to the video's I watched and my thread over on Performancetruck.net.  I've got a lot of help over there.  I've got every thing torn apart now just waiting on TSP to send me my kit then I'll take my cam out and put everything back together.

Edited by JONBLARC7
  • Like 1

Shit I would but I stay n apartments, if I had a house I’d try it but I have no garage. I found a guy that use to work at Young Chevrolet he’s charging me 500$ plus oil spark plugs and coolant. He gonna do the cam, lifters ,trays ,oil blockers, head bolts and gaskets

B7C16E88-9137-4C10-AD27-06C65B0E6742.jpeg

• Like 1

Just another option for towing that I just went through.  My car insurance which is State Farm has a road side assist plan.  It's like 3.00 a month maybe less, it was so little I was like sure just add it.  But I can have my truck towed any where I want under 100 miles.  I just used it when I broke a valve spring two months ago.

You could see if yours has the same then cancel it at a later date. 

My insurance sucks “Fred Loya” I pay 5$ a month for roadside assistance but they only take 50$ off the tow but they charge an arm n leg I would have to pay for the tow in full and they will refund me my on my bill they said. Unless I just talk to somebody that didn’t know what they were talking about, I might give them a call again to double check that out. Plan on dropping the truck off Friday to do the repairs

• Like 1