I recently bought a ‘14 Silverado with the 5.3 and am in the same boat on doing this delete kit. I’ve been trying to weigh out my options and go the best route but am having a very tough time. I’ve put together a cart for all the parts I need for a decent HP gain for the delete kit coming out to around $1,300 but then the issue is installing it and tuning it. I don’t trust myself enough to do it, and the shops I’ve gotten quotes from (that are reputable shops in the DFW area) are baileys hyperformance and another of have to search for again. They quoted $5500 for the parts needed, installation, and dyno tuning and estimated about 70-100hp gain. They warranty the parts and labor but the main thing costing so much is they have to pull the motor. Is it reasonable to spend the money or find someone who knows what they’re doing? 

So I’ve looked at the parts only from Texas speed and that’s where I got the $1,300 from but they don’t do installation work. They’re a machine shop so they intend on you sending the motor itself. If they did the installation it would only take 2/3 hours to get there. I am leaning more

towards taking it to baileys hyperformance to get the work done just because they warranty the labor and parts 

If you got an extra car you can use do it yourself and take your time.  There are all kinds of videos on how to do it.  I spend 1200 with TSP and sent the heads to a machine shop to do a valve job and alittle port and polish for 300.  Then another 300 for atomic performance to tune it.  I already have HP tuner i just down't trust my self to tune a cammed truck.  And the truck has been down long enough.  I don't have time for the learning curve.  I need it to pull the boat ASAP!!!!

I took a total of 8 hours to tear it apart down to the pistons.  Now before you roast me for taking so long.  This is my very first cam swap and I'm not a mechanic.  Plus most of that time I had my 3 year old running around trying to get me to play or trying to play with my tools.  But it was good father son time :thumbs:.  Plus I could only work a few hours at a time so starting a stopping didn't help my time. 

Right now it is all torn apart waiting on TSP to ship me the package.  Should be here tomorrow and after the holiday I'll start putting it back together.  The rebuild will probably take me half the time.   

Yeah, unfortunately this is my daily driver and have nothing else in place of it so even taking it to a shop to have the work done will be a little difficult for me. I reached out to some family who have done things like this in the past but now days with motors being so complex I wouldn’t want to risk damaging anything. 

No I got a cam that was close to factory spec they said it wouldn’t need a tune and could use the regular pushrod and springs. Pretty much like a factory cam with out the afm lifters. Wanted a stage two cam but right now funds are low so I was just wanting to get my truck running

shes been sitting for month an half already 

78FDEC5D-C925-4C6C-99BF-47770E1B8E58.jpeg

10-4 I was wondering how you came out so cheap on your cam kit.  I looked at BTR too but came up alot more expensive.  That's because I was looking at cam kit that included spring and push rods.

No I got a cam that was close to factory spec they said it wouldn’t need a tune and could use the regular pushrod and springs. Pretty much like a factory cam with out the afm lifters. Wanted a stage two cam but right now funds are low so I was just wanting to get my truck running

shes been sitting for month an half already