So I got Truck back today had a really rough idle but after driving it for a 30/40 miles it smooth out I think it had to relearn everything  since the battery off and engine was taken apart. Had a check engine light on said misfIre cylinder number 3 but I reset it and it hasnt came back on.. I haven’t done a tune but feels normal might do that soon to take off the v4 mode I  don’t notice it while driving but rather do the job complete. Only thing wrong is it has an exhaust leak need to get donut gasket for it where the intake manifold and cat connect at the guy that install my dod/afm delete kit said the gasket is 10$ but dealer didn’t have any might have to order it. So after spending 820$ for parts 500$ labor 140$ fluids and waterpump gasket and 100$ for tow I don’t hear the ticking or have the misfIre in cylinder number 7 anymore ?

Edited by Frankielozano214

So everything worked out pretty well with the install? I’m curious why the truck still reads as if it’s going into V4 still though? That may be a stupid question and could easily be the computer not knowing but I would have assumed that if it can’t go into 4 cylinder why it would still read that way.. I wonder if it would cause any issues 

Yeah it still goes in to v4 mode but does really change anything or effect the drive at all, I’ll b doing a tune when I have enough money for one. Yeah I was wondering the same thing but I’ve driven it two hundred miles since I’ve got it back been driving well. The only thing that pop on the dash now is the mass air pressure “MAP” sensor but that could be because them taking out the air intake problem got it dirty not sure how to clean it, I bought the mass air flow cleaner but couldn’t find a video that showed me how to clean it as the ones in the videos looked different from my truck

926C0553-70D9-4483-BFC1-8784514AFF65.jpeg

One thing you can do so that your truck doesn't go into v4 is put the shifter in M5.  My concern with it going into v4 is that your fueling is probably adjusting thinking 4 cylinders are deactivated, and could cause you problems.  If you put it in M6 or tow haul it will not disable v4 mode.  Also if you have it in M5 the trans will shift like normal, it does not mean you have to manually shift it.  Good luck

• Like 2

Thanks man I’ll try that til I get the dod afm delete off my truck with the tune, yeah u can kinda feel it switch lightly when it goes n to v4 mode not a big change but yea I’m start using that m5 til I get my tune done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just for future people catching this thread, I just noticed that Texas Speed sells a complete 5.3 DOD delete with a factory spec non-DOD cam and 16 lifters for $596.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-5443-texas-speed-performance-gen-5-lt1-lt4-l83-l86-dod-delete-kit.aspx

Edited by pewterliftedz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pewterliftedz said:

Just for future people catching this thread, I just noticed that Texas Speed sells a complete 5.3 DOD delete with a factory spec non-DOD cam and 16 lifters for $596.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-5443-texas-speed-performance-gen-5-lt1-lt4-l83-l86-dod-delete-kit.aspx

Man that’s not bad at all, I spend like 420$ on my non afm/dod cam Brian Tooley Racing “(its more of a factory cam)” and the rest of the 16 ls7 lifters and trays, 8 oil blockers, gaskets, and headbolts for another 400$ everything for Brian Tooley Racing .com

37 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Man that’s not bad at all, I spend like 420$ on my non afm/dod cam Brian Tooley Racing “(its more of a factory cam)” and the rest of the 16 ls7 lifters and trays, 8 oil blockers, gaskets, and headbolts for another 400$ everything for Brian Tooley Racing .com

Yah I saw that, wish I had noticed it earlier to save you some cash.  I'm just trying to do my research for parts.

Well I finally got the afm/dod tuned

off my truck and tuned for better performance and torque but started driving rough ended up being a misfIre cylinder number 8 just changed spark plugs and wires it’s driving a lot better thought it was the tune that was messed up. 

8EF94A6F-6AF8-4C15-8F04-2B5CF3BF4F9E.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Well I finally got the afm/dod tuned

off my truck and tuned for better performance and torque but started driving rough ended up being a misfIre cylinder number 8 just changed spark plugs and wires it’s driving a lot better thought it was the tune that was messed up. 

8EF94A6F-6AF8-4C15-8F04-2B5CF3BF4F9E.jpeg

Who did you get a tune from?  Is it a e85 flex tune?

11 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

Who did you get a tune from?  Is it a e85 flex tune?

Some dude in Arlington off I20, name is nick charge 140$ was on a budget, he turned the afm off aswell. My truck was crash from the back not sure if it’s flex fuel because it was repainted and the gas cap isn’t yellow

I not sure what the exact location of the sensor on a stock flex fuel truck.  But you could crawl under there and look for the sensor.  The is on the inside of the drivers side frame rail just before the fuel tank.  Right were the trans cross member comes across.  The picture I attached is of a after market set up for trucks but you should have the same sensor plugged in somewhere closer to there.  Because even if it's not flex fuel the same wires are there with the plug just attached to a dummy plug that is clipped to the frame.   Mine isn't flex but the wires where attached to the frame were the main frame rail and trans cross member have a corner plat welded to them.  If your not flex fuel it's only 60 bucks to add it then go back to your tuner and have him enable the tables in the tune.  He should charge for that since you already paid him for a tune.  If you had HP tuner I could show up how easy it is to turn on.

20151130_152200.jpg

images.jpg

• Thanks 1