Posted (edited)

Looking for a good shop I’ve bought all the part for the delete anybody recommend a shop in the dfw area? HMU or a person just don’t want to spend another 2000$ on just labor, my truck was making a ticking noise when I got it but didn’t think much of it... I kinda accelerated hard next thing u know I think that lift collapsed because I don’t hear it ticking anymore and the check engine light started to flash and the traction control came on and code p0307 its misfIring in cylinder #7 which is a afm lifter... i bought a Brian Tooley Racing DOD delete kit and a non afm Brian Tooley Racing cam that’s close to factory specs so I don’t have to change more things anybody know a good reliable person that does these?

B530991D-AF6D-404F-80BF-5E04DF63BA3C.jpeg

AA809AF9-ED06-42B9-98DC-F125DC23617E.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
Add some stuff I forgot to say

Yeah I’ve gotten plenty of quotes but a lot are still n the 2000$ range labor only, I my mechanic told me 1100$ Labor I already have all the parts from Brian Tooley Racing 

F941DDB1-C728-4A2D-BB6A-8365FD0CAEEF.jpeg

Interesting, cheaper and lucky fix for a collapsed lifter.....

Edited by Sierra Dan

Yeah I saw this video, just don’t wanna have to deal with it again so I’m gonna just do the full delete since my truck isn’t under warranty and Im buying it as is. That’s a koo cheap fix tho if I wasn’t planning on keep the truck for awhile I would of tried that

I was reading some of the comment on his page about that video, he said that a couple vehicles came back with a collapsed lifter soon after that fix. 

If you have a spare car you can drive just roll up your sleeves and do it your self.  I'm in the process of doing one right now to my truck.  It's a l86 6.2 2014 sierra.   I have basically the same story.  I haven't found any thing yet that's really that hard.  If you want i can send you links to the video's I watched and my thread over on Performancetruck.net.  I've got a lot of help over there.  I've got every thing torn apart now just waiting on TSP to send me my kit then I'll take my cam out and put everything back together.

Edited by JONBLARC7

Shit I would but I stay n apartments, if I had a house I’d try it but I have no garage. I found a guy that use to work at Young Chevrolet he’s charging me 500$ plus oil spark plugs and coolant. He gonna do the cam, lifters ,trays ,oil blockers, head bolts and gaskets

B7C16E88-9137-4C10-AD27-06C65B0E6742.jpeg