On 5/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, Paintor said:

There is a screen filter for the oil on the electronic solenoid that collapses the lifters. Sometimes that is plugged. There is a TSB on it.

You essentially have to wait for a failure or code for warranty work.

Another Dealer diagnostic is hooking Tech2 to it and seeing the actual oil pressure. Think 19psi is too low and would also cause the issue. 

If the VLOM filter is plugged your oil pressure would read low also. The oil goes through the screen filter before the oil pressure sensor. 

• 4 weeks later...

try holding the tow button in for 10 secs and release. it turns off engine braking. see if that eliminates the back firing. it resets back on when you turn ignition off then back on. worth a shot imo.. good luck

I installed the AFM disabler about 4 weeks ago and love it.  My truck runs smoothly with more power and my mpg only dropped about 1/2 mpg.  The only minor issue that I've noticed is the truck it now tends to downshift a little rough if I have to come to a stop quickly.  If I come to a smooth stop, it seems to shift smoothly, but the harder the stop, the harder the downshift.  Is that normal?

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, PSUFAN said:

I installed the AFM disabler about 4 weeks ago and love it.  My truck runs smoothly with more power and my mpg only dropped about 1/2 mpg.  The only minor issue that I've noticed is the truck it now tends to downshift a little rough if I have to come to a stop quickly.  If I come to a smooth stop, it seems to shift smoothly, but the harder the stop, the harder the downshift.  Is that normal?

Welcome to the site.

How about a little info on your truck, year, engine, transmission, model....

Thanks for the welcome.  I bought a new 2018 Silverado Z71 crew cab with 4WD, V8, LT model (black).  I've added leather seats, window visors, a trifold tonneau cover, spray-in bed liner, nerf bar steps, AFM disabler,  and tinted windows.  It's an awesome looking truck!  I just wish it would downshift smoother when coming to a stop as it tends to clunk in the lower gears.  Does anybody else experience this and if so, what is the fix, if any.

14 hours ago, PSUFAN said:

Thanks for the welcome.  I bought a new 2018 Silverado Z71 crew cab with 4WD, V8, LT model (black).  I've added leather seats, window visors, a trifold tonneau cover, spray-in bed liner, nerf bar steps, AFM disabler,  and tinted windows.  It's an awesome looking truck!  I just wish it would downshift smoother when coming to a stop as it tends to clunk in the lower gears.  Does anybody else experience this and if so, what is the fix, if any.

You are very welcome.

Think you experiencing the "normal operation" of your transmission.

Report it to your dealer, there are numerous things they can try, that may or may not fix the issue.