Long Term Carbon Deposits

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, 14tungstenLT said:

From a Facebook post.  

F7B79BEE-9890-4AF6-BB39-6DA711634C84.jpeg

This is with a catch can and routine CRC cleaning. Did I read that right? 

80,000 miles....hum.....Isn't this exactly6 what it is to prevent? 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:59 AM, JONBLARC7 said:

Just to add fuel to the fire here are my 120k mile valves no catch can.  I just took my heads off my 6.2 for a DOD delete and cam.  They don’t look that bad.

Like I said before nobody has put up a picture of a 130k mile engine with a catch can on it for, let say 100k miles.  Show me it looks better and I’ll believe you.

17AAB907-6B1D-47CA-8CD0-696E89EC85A5.jpeg

1 hour ago, 14tungstenLT said:

From a Facebook post.  

F7B79BEE-9890-4AF6-BB39-6DA711634C84.jpeg

Hmmm...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

This is with a catch can and routine CRC cleaning. Did I read that right? 

No you didn’t read it right.  He doesn’t day he routinely uses CRC.  He said he used it 15k miles ago.  He also says he uses a catch can but doesn’t say how long he’s been running it. 

Probably otta schedule a check up with the optometrist Grumpy. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:55 PM, Jacoby said:

No you didn’t read it right.  He doesn’t day he routinely uses CRC.  He said he used it 15k miles ago.  He also says he uses a catch can but doesn’t say how long he’s been running it. 

Probably otta schedule a check up with the optometrist Grumpy. 

Hum says "LAST USED" which indicates previous use thus 'routine', but granted, not interval. Routine is open ended sport. 

I RUN a catch can; while being present tense follows a paragraph which is CLEARLY meant to show results from that use.

He added the comments about the cleaner and can as an after thought realizing his post was without reference. He gives detail about his cylinder by cylinder observations. That's where his focus was so the oversight is reasonable. THINK about EVER WORD not just the ones you like.  

The question was rhetorical. My eye sight and reason are in tact. Thank you for your unbias concern.

Now could this be a troll just looking to deceive everyone? Sure!  He put the can on yesterday, pulled the heads today and leads you to believe it is showing forever. Really? He might have even lied about the can and grabbed a photo from Google. He might be an English Major and good with words. Anything is possible these days. 

First we have, "IF you don't have a photo it didn't happen" and now we have "IF you have a photo it doesn't show what it shows". 

People say, "I'll believe it when I see it". I think in your case Mister, its gong to be:

"I'll see it when I believe it"!

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jacoby said:

.The point is you took his words and twisted them to fit your narrative then you made an assumption. You’re grasping at straws to prove a point and failing miserably. 

Grammar isn't an assumption. It's the means that makes speech intelligible.

Appling it isn't a grasp at anything.  It's a firm hold on reason. 

Failure to apply it properly is indeed failing miserably.

I failed at nothing. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

I took the picture of the valve with 120K miles.  I know the picture isn't the best but I was tired and hot and ready to go to bed.  But that was the picture the worst valve I had.  The other ones where closer to what the 80K catch can ones look like.  I'm neutral on the catch can idea.  Run it if you want because it won't hurt the engine.  But don't act like mine is screwed because I I don't have one on mine.

But for 350.00 buck no chance.  I would rather put my money into speed engineering headers for 399.00 

So far the catch can is inconclusive as to the results. Will pull mine soon to take a look just need time. Either way, none of those valves look particularly clean to me. The ridge around the valve of carbon will interrupt flow some amount especially at low lift openings. Not as bad of build up as on some of the European cars. But enough to where you would notice if it were cleaned properly, unless you have a numb bottom meter.

On a port injected LS that had regular seafoam treatments, you would never see buildup like that unless you had a bad valve guide/seal.

With the Horsepower vehicles produce theses days, a little drop wouldn’t be noticeable. With the added gears and additional horsepower getting up to speed doesn’t take a lot of effort. Most people wouldn’t feel the difference of a vehicles acceleration full of people or just the driver. I haven’t read yet where a person had to clean the valves do to a tripped light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk