Turbo 6.2 almost done!!

4 hours ago, RMR said:

Agree with those who support the 6L80. Local speed shop owner ran over 550rwhp with a good TCM tune for many miles on a 2010 version in his tahoe. Not until he went to over 600rwhp did anything break and that was a gear in the diff. I would say your hp goal makes it untenable in stock form. But for most - tune and press on.

We’re  going to see what we can push it to. It has a nice torque converter from Circle D and two forms of transmission cooling. Hoping that keeps it together. Looking to push high 700s low 800s. We will see!

91696FA9-4FDB-4BE7-926C-C71564DC2FF5.jpeg

I just installed a Circle D 6L80E trans. Most people don't know circle D has a sister company that builds trans. I have the stage 3+ they call it 800rwhp. But many push more in it. They are great people to deal with. But for your build I would look at 6L90E same thing but larger output shaft. Or custom build like Vindicta_Mihi build. He has twin turbo 1000hp. Or if all out is what you are looking for Th400. 

I have a multi disc billet stall. and stock block and fuel but have a fuel system ready to go just need to get my new tune set up first for this trans. cooling is the most important want temps under 180*. 

Intercooled and BOV is done. The two catch cans are done. Turbo is all snug in its blanket. Just have the 4” exhaust, Armageddon fuel pump and a few snugging up to do and it’s on to tuning. 

So so excited for this to come alive. Granite State Dyno and Tune in NH are just killing it. 

3DF9AC55-728D-4208-9A45-0A8D96E4EFA7.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Mileguru said:

I wish I could see it when I'm on vacation in NH this summer, but I'll be about an hour away in Madbury. Nice build, it's going to be SO FUN!

I'm super excited. We really have ZERO idea what it will do on the Dyno. Going to start a Pool on TQ and HP. Will start taking bets. :) $5 a square. 

On 6/14/2019 at 4:23 PM, DenaliX14 said:

I'm super excited. We really have ZERO idea what it will do on the Dyno. Going to start a Pool on TQ and HP. Will start taking bets. :) $5 a square. 

Have you ever had a high hp truck before?

IMO fast trucks are insane fun, take a car that does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, and take a truck that does it in the same time, and the truck will be 2x as much fun accelerating.

You should be excited.

That’s where I’m at. I can’t wait for the first time a squad of 4-bangers come rolling up and I drop into 15lbs boost and 750+ whp.

Or the first super car on the Pike comes screaming up and break loose at 85mph. Let’s goo!

• 2 weeks later...

This build is really impressive. I’ve just got to ask what’s taking the shop so long? In May you said the truck had been down 6 months and was almost finished. Now nearly two months later it’s almost ready for tuning :/ I’d not be a happy camper going 8 Kong’s without my truck. Hopefully they are only charging you for the hours worked on it and not by how long it’s sitting there 

9 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

This build is really impressive. I’ve just got to ask what’s taking the shop so long? In May you said the truck had been down 6 months and was almost finished. Now nearly two months later it’s almost ready for tuning :/ I’d not be a happy camper going 8 Kong’s without my truck. Hopefully they are only charging you for the hours worked on it and not by how long it’s sitting there 

Yeah No kidding most would!  Honestly I’m fortunate to have more than one vehicle. So when it went down in Jan I took my time finding the best parts then shop. 

When I found Granite State Dyno it was just going to be a heads, cam and tune job. Easy in and out. His first availability was around the end of March so they came and towed it.  Then I got to asking questions about prochargers and whipples.

GSD had a LT4 charger sitting around so I purchased that and then started accumulating supportive parts. Pistons, rocker trunions, fuel injectors and pumps etc. so that delayed it further.  When they actually went to bolt it up we discovered it was meant for a CTS-V and not a Corvette. Meaning the actual charger about stuck out 1” too far. So I could abandon the build, tune and be done or try something else.   

I didn’t want to spend another $6,000 on a Whipple or Procharger or waste the fact I spent a lot of money on upgrades so we decided on a turbo build. In between we’ve had about 4-5 weeks of scheduling events like vacations and weddings etc and since I have other means of transportation I said take your time. And I honestly can’t say enough good things about these guys. True honest professionals. 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:09 AM, DenaliX14 said:

That’s where I’m at. I can’t wait for the first time a squad of 4-bangers come rolling up and I drop into 15lbs boost and 750+ whp.

Or the first super car on the Pike comes screaming up and break loose at 85mph. Let’s goo!

Awesome build! Cant wait to see it all worked out. Don't forget to get a 2 piece driveshaft if you haven't already, the stock ones don't like it above 100 mph very much. 

Just now, Denali34 said:

Awesome build! Cant wait to see it all worked out. Don't forget to get a 2 piece driveshaft if you haven't already, the stock ones don't like it above 100 mph very much. 

Where can I get one. Not a lot of info on the net. 

7 minutes ago, DenaliX14 said:

Where can I get one. Not a lot of info on the net. 

I got mine from Performance Driveline out of California. https://www.alldrivelines.com/2014-2018-silverado-2-piece-conversion-drive-shaft-kit-high-horsepower/

Easy to install and diff brace came with template to drill into frame. Most local driveshaft shops can make a custom one as well. 

Edited by Denali34