Turbo 6.2 almost done!!

On 6/28/2019 at 7:14 AM, Denali34 said:

I got mine from Performance Driveline out of California. https://www.alldrivelines.com/2014-2018-silverado-2-piece-conversion-drive-shaft-kit-high-horsepower/

Easy to install and diff brace came with template to drill into frame. Most local driveshaft shops can make a custom one as well. 

I ended up calling them and spoke to Shelby. she hooked me up with a 1,200 hp 7,300 tq rated shaft with an upgraded billet yolk rated over 1000 hp. for $680 shipped. BOOM!Can't wait to roll on that thing. 

I just came across this thread today.  Coincidentally, my truck is ALSO at Granite State Dyno right now...  Also, I spent a good half hour looking under your hood when I was in there a month ago!  When's your dyno day?  I'm slotted for the 25th of this month.

7 hours ago, ShortyMatt said:

I just came across this thread today.  Coincidentally, my truck is ALSO at Granite State Dyno right now...  Also, I spent a good half hour looking under your hood when I was in there a month ago!  When's your dyno day?  I'm slotted for the 25th of this month.

Ah, good deal. What are you getting done to yours? 

It should be today and tomorrow. I'll pick it up Saturday!

14 hours ago, DenaliX14 said:

Ah, good deal. What are you getting done to yours? 

It should be today and tomorrow. I'll pick it up Saturday!

That's awesome.

I'm getting her turbo-ed but I don't have the full build details...  James over there is doing a modest work up for me to make 500whp.  I'm just letting letting him do his thing and I'll have some details to post by next week.  If you see the see black Sierra in there when you get yours tomw, let me know how it's looking!  Can't wait to see your results.

22 minutes ago, ShortyMatt said:

That's awesome.

I'm getting her turbo-ed but I don't have the full build details...  James over there is doing a modest work up for me to make 500whp.  I'm just letting letting him do his thing and I'll have some details to post by next week.  If you see the see black Sierra in there when you get yours tomw, let me know how it's looking!  Can't wait to see your results.

man you bet. I'll take some pics and post them here when I leave. 

I actually did the same thing. I told James.. "I want to make 1200 by next year (2020)" This is phase one. Once I get the new Transmission We'll go back to tuning for the rest !!! 

Edited by DenaliX14

Can I see it!?!?! I'm going to be in Madbury, NH from July 25th - Aug 6th.

I've never been in a turbo truck before and I'd love to see how it feels compared to my supercharger.

Just made 610 @ 6lbs boost. 

Will post a video soon

10 minutes ago, Mileguru said:

Can I see it!?!?! I'm going to be in Madbury, NH from July 25th - Aug 6th.

I've never been in a turbo truck before and I'd love to see how it feels compared to my supercharger.

I live in MA. I’m not sure if the truck will still be at the shop. We do Need to order a different waste gate spring. That may keep it their. I’ll let you know.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, ShortyMatt said:

Looked at your truck today. What a sweet spot for that turbo. Looks good!! You waiting for Alex to tune? 

09631F39-485F-416B-B353-542B8A8AA8B2.jpeg

On 7/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, DenaliX14 said:

Looked at your truck today. What a sweet spot for that turbo. Looks good!! You waiting for Alex to tune? 

09631F39-485F-416B-B353-542B8A8AA8B2.jpeg

Beautiful!! Thanks for the pic!  Last I heard it still needed the intercooler and intake, so maybe another week or so and then the tune.

2 minutes ago, ShortyMatt said:

Beautiful!! Thanks for the pic!  Last I heard it still needed the intercooler and intake, so maybe another week or so and then the tune.

Hate to say it, I kept thinking that for mine too. I’d throw another 3-4 weeks on your expectation. Just to be on the safe side. They have a lot of work going on and only tuning twice a week makes that a little tough.  But the work on both sides is worth the wait. They won’t let you go until you’re 100%! I’ll be their Wednesday to drop off the drive shaft. I’ll snap a couple of yours and post.