In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Need help adding USB media to 2016 Police Tahoe

I have a 2016 LS Tahoe patrol rig and the factory center console has been replaced with a Troy Products console. They did not add the USB media hub and I am trying to figure out how to install one so I can plug in my iPhone for music. I ordered a harness and hub off eBay but cannot figure out where to install it or if it is even what I need. There is a USB connector under the passenger seat but I can not find the correct cable/harness to run it to the USB hub. The top connectors are what is installed, the bottom is the harness I bought. Any help on what I actually need would be appreciated.

57973276137__3C7F7BC3-71A4-499B-B931-5F0273B25378.jpeg

Edited by texasranger
  • 2 years later...

Hi Matt, I’m having the same issue. What’s the part number for the correct harness? Any help would be appreciated 

thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Fred Neal
      Hi all. My son has a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 6.0. we are wondering can we use a engine wiring harness for a 5.3? Also what year range can we use. 
    • By 20ElevationDarkSky
      Hello, 

I have a 2020 GMC Sierre Crew Cab with the bench set flip up console. I want to add USB ports inside of it. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

• By Rich Cordova
      Does anyone have access to GM harness schematics? Trying to find the correct harness that goes from the center console to the dash (infotainment system). Installed the center console with storage, cigarette lighters and USB ports and would like to use the factory harness without having to cut and splice. Or does anyone have access to just the plug and I can add my own pins?

• By mainetruck
      Plugged in a 2 GB USB into the standard radio and it worked, but a 256 GB wouldn't. Can't find any specs in the manual. Does anyone have an idea what the the radio supports.
    • By Cody Evans
      So I noticed in between the driver and rear seat of my 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT underneath the truck was a harness hanging there. I looked up the part number to see what it's purpose was, because I couldn't find anywhere it plugged into. The part number is PBT-GF30. Can someone help me with this?  Also my truck is idling in between 500rpm to a little over 1,000rpm when the truck is in park. I changed the intake air flow sensor but didn't do the trick.