25 minutes ago, KevinTM said:

Shit! Sorry man. Totally spaced on this over the weekend. Here’s a clip from just now. Trucks been sitting for about 2 hours after my drive home. Does this qualify as a cold start? Lol

D0516173-F269-4872-8B29-337815031C93.MOV

Sounds really good. I just don’t want to spend 1200$ and have it be too quiet so I just wondering how it sounds while driving or if it’s barely noticeable 

1 hour ago, fieldsend said:

Sounds really good. I just don’t want to spend 1200$ and have it be too quiet so I just wondering how it sounds while driving or if it’s barely noticeable 

Wish I could help ya but it’s hard to describe in the cab. The corsa video on YouTube is spot on if you ask me. I’ve had Borla before and I feel like the Borla was more noticeable in the cab, but not by much. 

I debated for nearly three weeks on which system. Finally got annoyed with myself and took a chance on Corsa. Super glad I did. I honestly think you cant go wrong with either option. 

Edited by KevinTM

On 6/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, Mash2k10 said:

Running a Flowmaster 40 series at the moment, not much louder than stock at idle and normal driving. Noticeable difference when wide open. Possibly taking the resonator baffles out next. 

Cover up the mesh screens on the dual exhaust pipes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TrailDemon said:

So to achieve this sound you need to delete 2 thing (muffler and 6 screen on piping by spare tire)?

Basically. Looks like this guy wrapped his 6 resonator screens in exhaust tape. You can also cover them with sheet metal and clamps, though. 

See here: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/224948-20-exhaust-fix-2019-53-z71/

• Like 1

These are some of the highest selling vehicles on the planet, I can't believe there isn't a good hi-po replacement muffler for them other than a $350 muffler!!!!  

Do any exhaust mods void your warranty?

It used to just on the exhaust, who knows these days. Of course you can still get one from the factory. Louder exhaust that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, TrailDemon said:

So to achieve this sound you need to delete 2 thing (muffler and 6 screen on piping by spare tire)?

Yeah he states in the video - muffler delete and blind those screens. I would cut them out instead of blinding them honestly.

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

Definitely not, if you can easily remove them before service... :)

Why not just go to the muffler shop and have a permanent, more quality job done for $40 ?

24 minutes ago, tanner709 said:

Why not just go to the muffler shop and have a permanent, more quality job done for $40 ?

1. You have some different shop options than most of us, I think. $40 is a pipe dream.

2. $40 is more than $20

3. I like that I can take my mod off whenever I want, and then put it back on whenever I want. 

4. No one is crawling under my truck to gaze at the beauty of my exhaust system, so who cares if there are a few clamps on the pipes.

Edited by econometrics

Just now, econometrics said:

1. You have some different options than most of us, I think. $40 is a pipe dream.

2. $40 is more than $20

3. I like that I can take my mod off whenever I want, and then put it back on whenever I want. 

4. No one is crawling under my truck to gaze at the beauty of my exhaust system, so who cares if there are a few clamps on the pipes.

Yeah fair enough. Especially point #2 lol.

I kind of shrugged it off before I read the entire topic. I'm going to try covering the screens, seeing as I have the materials. I'm unsure on the flapper valve.

• Like 1

Just now, tanner709 said:

Yeah fair enough. Especially point #2 lol.

I kind of shrugged it off before I read the entire topic. I'm going to try covering the screens, seeing as I have the materials. I'm unsure on the flapper valve.

Opening the flapper is where the real "Oomph" comes in. :cool:

Just now, econometrics said:

Opening the flapper is where the real "Oomph" comes in. :cool:

I'll see :sigh:

to my defense, I had a black widow exhaust installed at a local shop for $45, that was removing the old, and flapper valve, and a few new mounts (smaller than stock).