24 minutes ago, tanner709 said:

I'll see :sigh:

to my defense, I had a black widow exhaust installed at a local shop for $45, that was removing the old, and flapper valve, and a few new mounts (smaller than stock).

Man, that's a great price. I get your POV now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got a muffler delete / flapper delete on my 2019 custom trail boss 5.3L.   It has no helicopter sounds and sounds just like your normal v8 with dual exhaust (about like a borla Atalanta but louder) Sounds great .  Will wake up the neighbors when I start it with a cold start lol.   It sounds about like a flow master with a little bit of a glass pack sound but twice as loud .

cost me $84 .  

Edited by boneill

1 hour ago, boneill said:

I’ve got a muffler delete / flapper delete on my 2019 custom trail boss 5.3L.   It has no helicopter sounds and sounds just like your normal v8 with dual exhaust (about like a borla Atalanta but louder) Sounds great .  Will wake up the neighbors when I start it with a cold start lol.   It sounds about like a flow master with a little bit of a glass pack sound but twice as loud .

cost me $84 .  

Nice! Thats a good cheap alternative way to get some sound for sure

Edited by fieldsend
wrong thread

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Tano53180 said:

This my be a dumb question but I see a lot of the cat backs are for the duel exhaust and I have the single anyone know where I can find some good single exhaust videos. Or does it even matter?

It doesn’t matter will turn your single into a dual is what it will do. Personally I thought the cat backs as expensive when they use the same size or smaller then factory pipe.

Would there be any benefit to going "cat back" vs just a muffler swap? I know cost is a difference. Muffler swap can be $50-$150 and a cat back starts at about $400+. 

Would anyone say there is a edge to getting one vs the other?

52 minutes ago, highbl00d said:

Would there be any benefit to going "cat back" vs just a muffler swap? I know cost is a difference. Muffler swap can be $50-$150 and a cat back starts at about $400+. 

Would anyone say there is a edge to getting one vs the other?

I’m just doing a muffler swap with a new tailpipe. Keeping my single exit with stock plumbing. Muffler with shipping was about with tax and shipping $170.00(venom 300 black widow) tip cost me $20.00 bucks on eBay. Install isn’t going to cost me anything a buddy that had a muffler shop is doing it for free for me 

Does removing the flapper valve give it any better sound?  I did a muffler delete on my new 2019, but the muffler shop didn't cut out the valve and it's still pretty quiet.  I am for sure going to get those mesh screens cut out next and replaced with normal pipe, but was wondering if I should have him cut out the valve as well?

12 hours ago, That1Silverado said:

Does removing the flapper valve give it any better sound?  I did a muffler delete on my new 2019, but the muffler shop didn't cut out the valve and it's still pretty quiet.  I am for sure going to get those mesh screens cut out next and replaced with normal pipe, but was wondering if I should have him cut out the valve as well?

Dont know about the valve but covering the screens does make a difference. I covered mine with aluminum duct tape, it worked great until I installed my cat back system.

13 hours ago, That1Silverado said:

Pretty sure they would have cut out the flapper, as it’s right ahead of the muffler. 

But if they did not, setting the flapper open makes a noticeable difference. 

2 hours ago, econometrics said:

Pretty sure they would have cut out the flapper, as it’s right ahead of the muffler. 

But if they did not, setting the flapper open makes a noticeable difference. 

No, he did not cut it out, he told me he doesn't cut them out anymore.

I haven't really looked at it to well, what would be best to use to set the valve opened?