Amsoil for engine and tranny ?

That should do the trick.. You can mount that anywhere.. Where are you going to put it?
I want it behind the front bumper between the frame rails horizontally. I will make steal braces amounts that bolt to factory frame rails. I think it is better protected there from the elements and the line can run down the driver side to the trans.
Also note that replacement mount for the trans has no thermostat. The factory does have a block off.
Also have a aluminum deep pan. So huge increase I fluid amount. If all this doesnt work I am out of ideas.b7ad4d987077680e0f5f25db9ef3ea0f.jpgffd6328e0d31cde507c35d558738194c.jpgfcfc8c94452f7a210e7de75aa8348dee.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

D6 is a specification. There is as much difference between AMSOIL or Red Line D6 and ACDelco as there is between Makers Mark and ditch water. IMHO of course. [emoji14]
Your right d6 is the spec. Redline is the brand.
We have ran redline for 21 years in performance setups. And royal purple in engine oil. But now run HPL oil in the race stuff, still royal purple in daily truck.
We have dynoed and seen the gain on back to back pulls.
I agree like swap water vs. Spring fresh mountain water.
I expect good things. My billet 3 clutch stall is rebuilt by me and soaking in the garage. I then drain it day before and fill with 2 quarts of the good stuff before install.

• Like 1

Haven't lost an engine yet running the cheapest full syn, normally the napa stuff made by Valvoline. It all has to meet spec to be sold, so it's good enough for me.

Amsoil is still great stuff though, used it before and would run it in anything I thought required some severe duty protection.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:15 AM, elcamino said:

I have had AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-20 since about 5,000 miles. I also changed over to AMSOIL in the transmission (8-sp), transfer case and both differentials.  Used nothing but AMSOIL for over 30 yrs.  I will never use anything else, only the best if good enough for me.  Even use it in my JD X738, RZR S 900, lawn mower and week wacker. 

What method did you use to change the transmission oil?  Pan splash or complete flush?

No. Took it to a Chevy dealer who had the capability, nothing they could not handle.  Its an 8-sp so needs special fill procedure.  

Edited by elcamino

No dip stick on 8-sp.   Work was done by a trans tech.  The GMC dealer down the road did not exude confidence. 

Edited by elcamino

36 minutes ago, elcamino said:

No. Took it to a Chevy dealer who had the capability, nothing they could not handle.  Its an 8-sp so needs special fill procedure.  

You supplied them the amsoil atf I am assuming? Did they change the filter as well?

35 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

They all a special fill. But so you not have the dip stick tube?
It is amazing how many can't properly flush and fill those.

Which service do you recommend having the dealer perform, the flush or dropping the pan?

35 minutes ago, Ohiozr2 said:

You supplied them the amsoil atf I am assuming? Did they change the filter as well?

I did although they did have AMSOIL available in their pro shop, just not any ATF.  I had 2 cases of qts and they used 18 to do the job.  Did not change filter, only had about 10,000 miles on the new truck when it was changed out.

PS - I used the Signature Series (ATL) fluid which is a 100% Synthetic. 

Edited by elcamino

16 hours ago, Ohiozr2 said:

Which service do you recommend having the dealer perform, the flush or dropping the pan?

Flush is good and pan drop is good I would base it on mileage and if there are trans issues you are trying to address. Issue with pan drop is the cooler and lines are blocked of and the converter holds 2 quarts also. this is why the flush is better. However the pan drop you can see if there is debris and get to the filter. If I was having issues and it was higher mileage I would do both flush till clear then drop pan and swap filter and clean it up then fill it. There is still a fill plug where a dip stick goes so it isn't hard. But truck has to be idle in neutral so the pump can move the fluid. I see people just fill and start the truck dry. 

These trans are very expensive and the tcm is inside so swap with a junk yard trans isn't that simple. So the extra $90 for cheap fluid to flush is worth it.