Io3 to aftermarket radio. Can I retain my Factory backup camera

Use either the iDatalink Masestro RR and Harness or the PAC Audio Harness. both will retain your OEM camera. I am using a Maestro RR with an AVH-4200NEX

Edited by Sinkhole

8 hours ago, Sinkhole said:

Use either the iDatalink Masestro RR and Harness or the PAC Audio Harness. both will retain your OEM camera. I am using a Maestro RR with an AVH-4200NEX

I bought the RR and the harness with antenna. Do I need anything else? Besides a dremel for the plastic i hope it's mostly plug and play. I just miss having good audio and android auto. 

The RR module needs to be flashed to the specific vehicle and steering wheel, other than that you should be good. I was able to retain the USB port in the glove box using the USB1 adapter. I converted the cig lighter on the dash to USB and HDMI using an IceSpring cable from Amazon.

IMG975224480946335000.jpg

Dont mind the hanging RR speaker in the pic it was before I mounted it during the Install.

18 minutes ago, Sinkhole said:

The RR module needs to be flashed to the specific vehicle and steering wheel, other than that you should be good. I was able to retain the USB port in the glove box using the USB1 adapter. I converted the cig lighter on the dash to USB and HDMI using an IceSpring cable from Amazon.

IMG975224480946335000.jpg

Dont mind the hanging RR speaker in the pic it was before I mounted it during the Install.

AWESOME So we can retain the USB port in the console. That's good news. Does it just plug into the back of the radio? Or does it all "just work". 

2 minutes ago, Apprentice345 said:

AWESOME So we can retain the USB port in the console. That's good news. Does it just plug into the back of the radio? Or does it all "just work". 

Well, mine was a dual USB and Aux. that goes through a hub and unfortunately cannot be retained. if you have the single USB alone that should work no problem.