A few months ago I replaced the stock speakers that came with my truck. I put in Rockford Fosgate 3-way speakers. It worked for a while, now no sound comes from the speakers. They will come in every now and then, but not often. I think it’s the head unit. What could be the issue?

A few months ago I replaced the stock speakers that came with my truck. I put in Rockford Fosgate 3-way speakers. It worked for a while, now no sound comes from the speakers. They will come in every now and then, but not often. I think it’s the head unit. What could be the issue?
What ohm are they? Have you noticed the head unit bring sluggish or freezing at all?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Snowcamo said:

What ohm are they? Have you noticed the head unit bring sluggish or freezing at all?

They are 4ohm speakers, and never noticed any of that. It will just cut out or not output at all.

They are 4ohm speakers, and never noticed any of that. It will just cut out or not output at all.
Ok. I was thinking the ohm rating of the speakers caused the HU to cutout. Does it happen at low volume levels as well?

44 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Ok. I was thinking the ohm rating of the speakers caused the HU to cutout. Does it happen at low volume levels as well?

I think I got it fixed, I readjusted the speakers. It looked liked the speaker coils were touching the metal of the door. When I moved it off, the speakers worked.

I think I got it fixed, I readjusted the speakers. It looked liked the speaker coils were touching the metal of the door. When I moved it off, the speakers worked.
Nice!