Wheels for Pac Blue AT4

Wanting a more aggressive stance for my AT4, but the color is giving me a tough time when choosing wheels. All of my previous trucks were black or white, and I sort of went out on a limb with the color of this new one. I get a ton of compliments on the color, but I'm struggling to choose a wheel color that will go well with the blue.

I generally think chrome or polished looks best with blue, but that doesn't exactly fit with the anti bling off-road vibe of the AT4. This has me leaning towards a black wheel, but I have a tough time deciding if a black wheel looks good on a blue truck.

I've thought of maybe just putting some larger more aggressive tires on my stock 20s, but I don't like how tucked the factory wheels are, and not a fan of adding spacers.

Any photos, ideas, or opinions?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think Black Chrome, Machined or Chrome would be good but also gloss black wheels because the DLO trim is gloss black. I used TB wheels which are machined and like them. I also added the gloss black flares so you could do the gloss black wheels with gloss flares! 

IMG_20190319_173901.thumb.jpg.726c1412b3333b74839c6bc49e8e89a6.jpg

On 5/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, At4Rotation said:

If you want bold, go with a flat gold color wheel. Look up pictures of blue Subaru’s with the common gold wheels. 

Bronze is also going to work with blue and it's a bit more subtle than gold.  I did that for my black VW Sportwagen with black trim, I didn't want it looking too much like a Scoobie or murdered out.

18 years ago I put flat black O.Z. Cronos on my black Isuzu VehiCROSS, and eventually moved them over to my black '04 Tahoe Z71.  Both worked pretty well, but black wheels are pretty overdone at this point. With the glare on gloss black half the time it looks like you have no wheels at all.

For this truck polished wheels are pretty sharp.  Not too much bling like chrome but still very good contrast.  They're also easier to maintain than painted or chrome wheels... at least GM's crappy chrome that flakes off after a few years.

Just my $0.02... flame suit on. :seeya:

Leaning towards these as my current fav, in the gunmetal finish. They are currently backordered, so I've got some time to see if I can find something I like better.4b4fc42adc7f30e4b9e0ab183c37aa90.jpg

I actually really like the wheel you posted. Think it will look great in that color on blue. As long as its an aggressive size. That wheel with a less aggressive (flat) spoke design wont look as good.

I have a set of Black Fuel Rebel 20x10 -18 On order. But i think their other color options, Silver (below) or Bronze would look great also!65a7e3c502cd19f59834554a77e14a17.jpg
  • Like 1

I'm having such a tough time choosing wheels for this truck. I've moved on from the 4play as I found out they require a spacer to clear the caliper.

I've considered the fuel wheels you posted, just not huge on the faux bead lock.

Also, still debating between 20x10 and 22x10. Looking at offsets in the -18 to -25 range. Already locked on tire choice though. Going ridge grap regardless of wheel choice.

1 hour ago, josephearljones said:

I'm having such a tough time choosing wheels for this truck. I've moved on from the 4play as I found out they require a spacer to clear the caliper.

I've considered the fuel wheels you posted, just not huge on the faux bead lock.

Also, still debating between 20x10 and 22x10. Looking at offsets in the -18 to -25 range. Already locked on tire choice though. Going ridge grap regardless of wheel choice.

Make sure Custom Offsets installs the correct TPMS Sensors.

They put 315MHz sensors in my wheels and they do not work.

I am having a hard time finding a tire shop that can program TPMS Sensors for the '19 Silverados.

I struggled also. Methods. Fuels. Black rhino. 18’s. 20’s. Settled on the 20’s. And went with the all black fuels because I’m not a faux beadlock fan either, being all the same color made it a little easier to swallow. Going with 305/55/20 ridge grapplers as well.

Now that the 4play wheels are out I'm down to choosing between these two (for now)

Tough part is that I can't find many images of these wheels on other trucks, of any make. I did find the tuff wheels on a 4runner that looked pretty good.

Pretty sure I'm going with 22s over 20s, as these hug trucks just dwarf the wheels.

Thanks for the tip on the tpms!8f7829a06d0283cfe58e19401b78bf52.jpgcd179083a2b122eb9f37ae6648556005.jpga4cd8a8e9f7f9af37fe2fbe903574b87.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlackLS said:

I am having a hard time finding a tire shop that can program TPMS Sensors for the '19 Silverados.

Get the $11-15 EL-50448 tool and do it yourself.. it's a pretty easy procedure.  Not sure if all clusters support it, but on mine I just go to the tire pressure screen on the cluster, hit the ok button to start the reset procedure, and the truck lights up the turn signal at the tire it wants you to use the tool on.  Truck honks the horn after it recognizes the tool and cycles through the four wheels.  Crazy simple.

If you swap winter/summer tires twice per year it's practically a must to get the tool.

1 hour ago, Daverado said:

Get the $11-15 EL-50448 tool and do it yourself.. it's a pretty easy procedure.  Not sure if all clusters support it, but on mine I just go to the tire pressure screen on the cluster, hit the ok button to start the reset procedure, and the truck lights up the turn signal at the tire it wants you to use the tool on.  Truck honks the horn after it recognizes the tool and cycles through the four wheels.  Crazy simple.

If you swap winter/summer tires twice per year it's practically a must to get the tool.

I have the same tool and have used it on my Corvette, GMC's etc. This tool does not work on the sensors that Custom Offsets set me.

I may just remove the sensors in my stock wheels and use them.

30 minutes ago, BlackLS said:

I have the same tool and have used it on my Corvette, GMC's etc. This tool does not work on the sensors that Custom Offsets set me.

I may just remove the sensors in my stock wheels and use them.

The tool probably works with the sensors (I assume yours are 315MHz) but the sensors don't work with the truck.

No tool or shop can help with that, you need the new 433MHz sensors.

-Dave