Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

BDS vs FabTech


Recommended Posts

So I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on a 4" kit  for my truck but not sure if I should go with the 4" BDS w/ Fox Coilovers  or 4" FabTech w/ Dirt Logic 2.5 Coilovers... Any major concerns with either kit? Also, can I still run my factory 20s without any major rubbing issues or should I just start looking for a new wheel set-up as well??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These days these companies are putting out the same basic quality. The shocks are where you are going to notice the biggest difference. Also depends what you are going to be doing with and using the truck for. Unless you are doing extreme off roading these kits will hold up. Get what you feel best about. I have always gone with McGaughys with some Kings and always changed out the the factory UCAs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you go by manufacturer websites, both lifts will need new wheels if you want to go larger with your tires. Even the bracket type lifts, which some will state can use factory wheels, recommend aftermarket if you want to move to larger /wider tires (maintain stock uca position relative to the wheel, you'll hit the suspension and/or sway bar with wider tires). 

 

BDS indicates 5.75" max back spacing for 35x12.5. Fabtech indicates 5" max back spacing (with trimming) needed for 295/55/20 using 20x9 wheels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bash74 said:

These days these companies are putting out the same basic quality. The shocks are where you are going to notice the biggest difference. Also depends what you are going to be doing with and using the truck for. Unless you are doing extreme off roading these kits will hold up. Get what you feel best about. I have always gone with McGaughys with some Kings and always changed out the the factory UCAs.

Well I'm not going to be doing any extreme off-roading but the truck will be seeing some trails and a sand a few times a year. 

 

8 hours ago, MBSierra17 said:

If you go by manufacturer websites, both lifts will need new wheels if you want to go larger with your tires. Even the bracket type lifts, which some will state can use factory wheels, recommend aftermarket if you want to move to larger /wider tires (maintain stock uca position relative to the wheel, you'll hit the suspension and/or sway bar with wider tires). 

 

BDS indicates 5.75" max back spacing for 35x12.5. Fabtech indicates 5" max back spacing (with trimming) needed for 295/55/20 using 20x9 wheels. 

Looks like I might as well start looking around for some aftermarket wheels. I was trying to avoid spending another $2000 but looks like I might as well do it all at once to avoid problems in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 2017_LTZ said:

Well I'm not going to be doing any extreme off-roading but the truck will be seeing some trails and a sand a few times a year. 

 

Looks like I might as well start looking around for some aftermarket wheels. I was trying to avoid spending another $2000 but looks like I might as well do it all at once to avoid problems in the future. 

There are some that are running stock 20's successfully on BDS or Zone, but it's a mixed bag. Must just be the tolerance between wheel and UCA stamp are just right for some and problematic for others. Just don't want to mislead you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.