In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Radchad

Blue screen and service rear vision system

Some morning while backing out of my garage and the temps are cooler here in Michigan I get the blue screen of deaths and service vision system screen.  Do I need a software update or is it a connection issue ?

anyone else have this problem? 

Thanks 

IMG_3809.JPG

I brought my truck in for this problem a few weeks ago. They did all the latest updates that applied to my truck including one to supposedly fix the camera issues. Since that update, I've got the blue screen twice... so it did not fix it.

On the plus side, i haven't had the acknowledgments pop up ever other day!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6600 Miles..mine just turned blue today and my screen still has the occasional climate control off screen... That is 3 electronic bugs ...We should get an extended warranty of 6 months to allow for our troubleshooting GM's bugs!

Mine showed up a few times but after the last update hasn't reappeared 

On 5/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, Radchad said:

Some morning while backing out of my garage and the temps are cooler here in Michigan I get the blue screen of deaths and service vision system screen.  Do I need a software update or is it a connection issue ?

anyone else have this problem? 

Thanks 

IMG_3809.JPG

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/223462-2019-silverado-backup-camera-problems/

Please file a complaint with GM and NHTSA, this seems like an ongoing issue with their backup cameras. Mine is constantly doing this, so frustrating. I also notified the attorney general's office since GM gave me a generic response. When someone gets hurt or killed they might respond with oh this is the first we've heard of it wow...frustrating!

Back when the reverse cams first started appearing many years ago, you'd put it in reverse, be all the way backed out before the image would appear.  This must be the updated version.

Edited by steve841

Brand new Chevy Equinox 2020 and getting this problem already. Less than 100 miles on vehicle.

BSOD.jpg

Edited by Shawn Thomas

My 2019 Sierra Denali experienced the same issue. Dealer replaced the camera module, hasn’t happened since. This was before all the updates for brake issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, DenaliDave said:

My 2019 Sierra Denali experienced the same issue. Dealer replaced the camera module, hasn’t happened since. This was before all the updates for brake issues.

Can you describe the camera module?  Any idea where it's located, etc?  I don't plan on working on it.  I'll leave that to my dealer, but I wanted to give them some information to go off of.  Just in case they don't call it the camera module or something.  Is that what was listed as a description on your invoice?  Thank you for this info.  Dealer replaced my rear camera in the tailgate before and did not fix.  I suspect the camera module is a piece of hardware that boots up and connects to the entertainment system somehow.  I've heard of something like this under a seat or something.  Just trying to gather some info and detail when I tak it in next week.

Dealership stated it’s a module behind the rear seats. If I can find the invoice I’ll post a pic of the repair info.

Here’s the ticket...

7b0793177675fe3ec3fd31ad0b80af02.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thank you for that info.  Took mine in yesterday and dealer reproduced issue, not hard to do...  Tried the service bulletin, 19-NA-076, but still reproduced,  Sent me home  saying they will replace the control module and have ordered it.  I assume same module you got replaced.  I checked the part number 84624987 and got only a couple of hits on Google which only confirms it's a genuine GM part...  Anyway, will see if this finally fixes the issue.  It sounds like they contacted GM after the service bulletin didn't take care of it and this was the recommendation.  Patiently waiting.

Edit, after checking my invoice shows they ordered a different module part number, 84691752, module 9.680 with no (N) like yours.  Wonder the difference.  I have the technology package with surround cameras.

Edited by Steve Martin
additional