In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Brianx220
      So, not sure if I'm the only one who has this issue at 130,061 miles but for some reason one night my truck was shifting pretty harsh, keep in mind this is the first time it's done this. I was far from home so I just drove home because I didn't have the money to have it towed nor was I going to leave it out here for looters to break into. Drove it home and just down the street from my house the truck just did not want to drive. It wouldn't go into Drive or Reverse, had to push her heavy ass home. Next day I decided to see if she'll budge and long behold it actually went into gear and I was able to move it where I usually park it. I did not take it for a drive afraid it would happen again. Anyone know what could've caused it to just stop going into gear and then now it will. Seems odd to me. 
    • By Ceaser76
      So I had my transmission replaced a few months back, everything was good until I tried to put it into 4H the other day. I hadn't used 4x since I had the work done, so I didn't notice, but the shift lever doesn't line up with the correct gear.  Shifts fine between 4L, N, and 2H. Just shows the wrong gear on the shifter shroud on the floor.  It would shift into 4H bit the lever is too far back and won't allow it to go into 4H.  Is this just the linkage needing adjustment or is there something more? The transmission mount was old and worn, so I changed it out with no difference. 
    • By Aidan Grant
      My front driveshaft hits my transmission shifter going to the front differential. When I bought the truck the driveshaft was removed saying it needed new u joints. I had new u joints put in and removed the t-case, replaced the front output shaft seal and a thicker oil pump in the transfer case I cleaned out the shavings and put everything back and then installed the driveshaft to my dismay it rubs the transmission shifter I have a 4l60e and a np261hd with a  6.0 in an 05 2500hd ext cab chevy. The previous owner said he had replaced the transfer case before. Any ideas of what I could have done wrong to cause this? or is it just a close fit? Ill add some pics in a bit. Could anyone share some pics of their front driveshaft fitment in relation to the transmission? Thanks.

• By billum
      I have a weird problem with my transfer case wiring apparently. I couldn't get my transfer case motor back on and I had no lights on at the selector buttons. So i took my fuse panel apart and flipped it over and was looking at the underneath. Didn't really see anything wrong and left it flipped up.  I turned the key on with the t-case motor plugged in and heard it working. So I got under and the motor went right on without any problem at all. So I thought ah ha got it and put it all back together. Guess what now my lights are off again and nothing works again and both fuses are good SOOOOOO?. What the heck do I do now other than drag it out into the yard and torch it because this has been a nightmare of a problem from the start. Everything has been replaced because this said it was that and so on. I am truly ready to burn this P.O.S. HELP. 2000 Chevy Silverado.