2019 Almost two weeks

2 minutes ago, Wayne3593 said:

Well with how much these things cost these days you have a right to be picky about it. The model is still fairly new but hopefully something comes up soon. I did find this but it's more of an exploded view than directions.

Took it a part but no use. All screws are tight it just sloppiness in the parts themselves. So there is literally nothing can be done aside from replacing the entire mechanism which I going to wait on. 

There are two post that may help in this thread, I don't know how to just quote them on here. I know two of the video's are for the K2's but perhaps they are similar.

My 2019 Chevy's gas mileage on the trip computer is much more spot on than the Ford.

Ford was usually off by 2 mpg while Chevrolet was no more than 0.2.

I had a 2012 Ford F-150 and had a 2016 F-150 too, both V8's.

I never checked my Silverado. My F-150 was about 0.5 to 1mpg off. But today I seen an RST in person and boy do I feel stupid for not looking for one instead of my LT

1 hour ago, Moend said:

I never checked my Silverado. My F-150 was about 0.5 to 1mpg off. But today I seen an RST in person and boy do I feel stupid for not looking for one instead of my LT

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Most dealers have a small amount of RSTs on the lot. Plus, when I first heard “RST” as a trim, I thought it would be below LT on the options scale. 

I think GM knows the RST is the best value of the whole line, so they’re not pushing them too hard right now. Plus, loyalists are used to getting their faithful LT2s, which are great trims! 

Just trade your LT for a 6.2L RST when the 2021 refreshes come out. ?

27 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Most dealers have a small amount of RSTs on the lot. Plus, when I first heard “RST” as a trim, I thought it would be below LT on the options scale. 

I think GM knows the RST is the best value of the whole line, so they’re not pushing them too hard right now. Plus, loyalists are used to getting their faithful LT2s, which are great trims! 

Just trade your LT for a 6.2L RST when the 2021 refreshes come out. ?

I think they look sharp but not too sharp in blue (my opinion) so after some more comparison I think my choice want too bad. Love the truck so far the 5.3 is just a beast in my opinion. My goal to keep this bad boy as long as I can next upgrade is wheels and tires

9 hours ago, econometrics said:

GM seems to be discounting the RST the most.. or at least they did a month ago when I got mine. I didn't understand why, it was all new for 2019 and the dealership offered me $10k off.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:05 PM, Moend said:

So I traded my beloved 2013 F-150 5.0 XLT 4x4 on 2019 Silverado LT CrewCab 4x4. I liked everything about my Ford (bought it new) when time came to upgrade I decided to go with the Silverado mainly because of price (you get the same for less).

Pros:

1. Power feels faster than the F150
  2. Towing capacity 9600 vs 7700
  3. Fuel economy 1~2 mpg better both based on the truck computer
  4. Sounds better

Cons:

1. Silverado built seems cheaper (shifter wobble, raddle noises by the B pillar, speaker grill on the dash is loose and can't do nothing about it)
  2. Seat comfort - I like the Ford a hair better (I even think 2013 F150 are better than 2019 F150)
  3. No sunglasses holder - not sure why.
  4. F150 felt little more planted on the road, Silverado feels wallowee and bouncy.

It's funny, I recently had a F150 (2.7L 10spd) out while my truck was in the shop, and all I could think was how unresponsive it was, and the fact I couldnt feel nothing through the wheel. Almost like there was a lag between steering input and response.

I chaulked it up to poor tires on the ford, and the fact that my chevy rides a little rougher.

Do you think tire differences(if any) between the two vehicles, have any influence?

4 hours ago, Wiggums said:

GM seems to be discounting the RST the most.. or at least they did a month ago when I got mine. I didn't understand why, it was all new for 2019 and the dealership offered me $10k off.

Yeah, that's about what I got off my RST, too. But what was odd was that it was during March's "Truck Month" and the rebate terms specifically said the total savings was applicable to LT All Star editions. I didn't see anything in the terms about RSTs. But I didn't raise that with the dealer... ;) 

Yeah, that's about what I got off my RST, too. But what was odd was that it was during March's "Truck Month" and the rebate terms specifically said the total savings was applicable to LT All Star editions. I didn't see anything in the terms about RSTs. But I didn't raise that with the dealer... ;) 

My dealer was applying the truck month rebates in march to LT, RST, LTZ, and the High Country as well, even though i did notice it said for the all star editions as well.

I wish I had bought the RST - just didn't even look at them I assumed they were more expensive on the count of being next on the list in the Chevy brochure - too late now, got 1010milesIMG_20190528_083255.thumb.jpg.289a8418364e25d7a5cfb3fb554496c8.jpg on the truck

3 hours ago, tanner709 said:

It's funny, I recently had a F150 (2.7L 10spd) out while my truck was in the shop, and all I could think was how unresponsive it was, and the fact I couldnt feel nothing through the wheel. Almost like there was a lag between steering input and response.

I chaulked it up to poor tires on the ford, and the fact that my chevy rides a little rougher.

Do you think tire differences(if any) between the two vehicles, have any influence?

that is why I bought my Silverado - was looking at those F-150s but it was $4320 more for a smaller engine - plus I am a sucker for good engine note - that V8 rumble just make the guy smile every time.

• Moend changed the title to 2019 Almost two weeks
24 minutes ago, Moend said:

That V8 rumble just make the guy smile every time.

I have 2300 miles on my RST and put the pedal to the floor twice this weekend for the first time since buying it new. 

My wife was with me the second time, and the V8 growl from 5-70mph on the interstate on ramp even made her giddy. :cool:

32 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I have 2300 miles on my RST and put the pedal to the floor twice this weekend for the first time since buying it new. 

My wife was with me the second time, and the V8 growl from 5-70mph on the interstate on ramp even made her giddy. :cool:

I babied it till 1000k so today was the first time I floored it. But even if not floored the engine note is just music to my ears.