Brake upgrade

Think he’s referring to the performance brake kit GM sells. Or tries to sell. Haven’t seen anyone with them.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2019-silverado-1500-performance-front-brake-system-piston-red/23505023-p-92301746.html

They look awesome but the extra 2 grand in my bank looks better. My truck isn’t ever going to be an autocross contender.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Think he’s referring to the performance brake kit GM sells. Or tries to sell. Haven’t seen anyone with them.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2019-silverado-1500-performance-front-brake-system-piston-red/23505023-p-92301746.html

They look awesome but the extra 2 grand in my bank looks better. My truck isn’t ever going to be an autocross contender.

Yes this kit! They do look pretty good! I think I’m gonna order some! To me stopping power is comes right after horse power hahah. Befor the i6 delay was announced the other day I build a RST FULLY loaded with everything I could want and with the brake kit it was like 56kish. So with the i6 option it be just about 59k.  I have a Cobalt SS with brembo brakes  from the factory having them match on my truck would be pretty sweet to Lol.

Edited by Inline6DirtyMaxRST

I'm satisfied with the new larger 4 piston calipers and the ZF IBC (integrated brake controller). Calipers are much larger this year and stops on a dime and are a big improvement over my '16. Can't see 2k on upgraded brakes but if you see the need for them go for it. Upgraded pads and rotors would be an option if they're available yet. Also, MGP makes nice caliper covers for the '19. Calipercovers.com. Any color and engraving for Silverado/Sierra. There's a youtube vid on these.

Screenshot_2019-05-25-08-44-56-1.png

Screenshot_2019-05-25-08-44-36-1.png

Screenshot_2019-05-25-08-44-07-1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Front brakes are probably over 80%  your stoping power so I don’t reallly care about the rears.! My main thing is I love upgrading cars making them fast  and look good ect. This will be my first truck that I’m gonna have for awhile and bigger tires on 20’s just seems like bigger brakes would help and look better.  I’m gonna trubobswap the i6 when the warranty is up anyways. I’m just being compliant with the warranty and still upgraded my rig haha. My heart broke the other day when the i6 got delayed??

• Like 1

There is a dude on youtube that installed this kit on a 17 or 18.  I'll find the video and link it here.

Really made a difference for him.  I'd bet a lot of money that the rotors and calipers are the exact same for the 2019 kit.

You don't have a '19 yet so have you seen these monster 4 piston calipers for '19?? I have 22's and like said stop on a dime. Hey it's your money so spent it how you see fit but you are under estimating the stopping power on these new '19 brakes. I can't justify 2k but maybe you can. And no, the '18 isn't the same and not even close. The brake system for '19 is totally different. '19 now incorporates the ZF IBC system. 

45 minutes ago, steveved said:
Found it:  

Yea that’s the brembo/GMC kit...

But At $2200-2500, being a 6 pot caliper, and a heavy ass 1 piece rotor, it’s a overpriced.

I’m waiting for my rep at Brembo to confirm fitment on their new 8 piston kit GT kit will fit.

List is $5500 but you can easily wheel and deal and prob get it for 4800. Brembo has a strict price protection policy that makes all distributers list the same price.

This kit is designed to work with the factory abs system, brake pump... everything..

The extra 2k is worth the gigantic 2 piece floating rotor, with a anodized aluminum hat.... the cast iron 1 piece rotor will rust and look like shit after a year.

dc94596d7f95bad55999ae2094e7f88d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PabloK
  • Like 1

Front brakes are probably over 80%  your stoping power so I don’t reallly care about the rears.! My main thing is I love upgrading cars making them fast  and look good ect. This will be my first truck that I’m gonna have for awhile and bigger tires on 20’s just seems like bigger brakes would help and look better.  I’m gonna trubobswap the i6 when the warranty is up anyways. I’m just being compliant with the warranty and still upgraded my rig haha. My heart broke the other day when the i6 got delayed[emoji23][emoji23]

You are correct

But it drives me crazy to see unmatched rear brakes. Brembo rear brake for the GMC 2019 will be a 4 pot system.

Combined with a 8 piston front... the brakes will be so damn efficient.

I run them on every vehicle I own... I typically get 75k before I need to replace pads. The 2 piece Rotors should last 100k. I have 120k on one set and still have tons of life left

No doubt it’s crazy money, 8500-10k but if your looking for the “ultimate” system, this is the route to go.

Not to mention your shaving 40% of the rotational mass compared to the original system... handling, acceleration, braking, everything is improved on that front.

Only negative is your wallet will start smoking and you’ll end up working until your 80 years old.

8bab15575bc81eb3ac12004ae53cb0e9.jpg295d0f0263c49ccab9cfaa6299c304bc.jpg

Should be epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1