Suggestions for cheap fix with rims

Some may disagree with me on this but, I can't help but think the rims on the AT4 look a lot like rims on a Toyota.  I can't have that, but i don't want to spend a pile of coin either to change it up.

I like the rugged look of the black rims, so not looking to go to the chrome look which would be an easy swap out with the dealer.  I was thinking of powder coating the rims, but I am not good at visualizing what it would look like.  I need pictures lol.  Any other thoughts?   

Image result for 2019 black gmc at4 with 20" rims and duratracsimage.thumb.png.c9f518dbc26738bf82f94f5db152be36.pngImage result for 2018 toyota tundra sr5 crewmax black

image.png

29 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Budget? You want solid black or black/machined?

6-$800 i suppose.  I am not familiar with the difference in looks between solid black and black/machined.  Sorry for my ignorance.

2 hours ago, Oh Canada said:

6-$800 i suppose.  I am not familiar with the difference in looks between solid black and black/machined.  Sorry for my ignorance.

Black with a machined face is what you have.  You won't get anything nice for $600.  Here's some nice 20" powder coated  black and black/machined face wheels that will fit the '19 and are all exact GM style wheels with factory offset and specs.  20" will run you between $800-$850 shipped for a set of 4.  They are OE Creations wheels (distributed by Wheel Pros).  Quality is superb and the finish is flawless.  I have a set of chrome 22" OE Performance wheels (PR196 like last picture) on my '19 Silverado and couldn't be happier.  They balanced out perfect with very little weight.  The first 2 you can get the red GMC vinyl center cap logos to put on them and your factory GMC center caps will fit right on the others. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by mafd2

Have you checked local craigslist for OEM takeoffs? 

1988 - current are same bolt pattern. 6x5.5 metric OR 6x139.7 US

17" and larger wheel diameter will fit ( your spare is 17") 

1500 Trucks, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade wheels will interchange.

TPMS sensors can be swapped over to other wheels for $60 - $120 at local tire shop

Edited by 2018GMC

52 minutes ago, 2018GMC said:

Have you checked local craigslist for OEM takeoffs? 

1988 - current are same bolt pattern. 6x5.5 metric OR 6x139.7 US

17" and larger wheel diameter will fit ( your spare is 17") 

1500 Trucks, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade wheels will interchange.

TPMS sensors can be swapped over to other wheels for $60 - $120 at local tire shop

No sir that's not correct.  2018 and down OEM wheels won't work.  Bolt pattern is still the same but, the offset and spoke angle has changed for 2019 because of the new larger 4 piston calipers.  On 2018 and older wheels, the spokes hit the calipers.  Some people will use spacers for older wheels to clear the calipers but that usually takes a 3/8" which doesn't make the wheel hub centric anymore.  A 3mm spacer is max to keep it hub centric but 3mm isn't enough to clear the caliper.  There are only a few 2018 wheels known to fit the '19.  One of which is shown on the first 2 pics which are from a 2018 Tahoe RST.  TPMS sensors have also changed for 2019.  They are now 433mhz and 2018 down sensors won't work.  I purchased 4 new in package OEM GM sensors for $70 shipped.

Edited by mafd2

6 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Black with a machined face is what you have.  You won't get anything nice for $600.  Here's some nice 20" powder coated  black and black/machined face wheels that will fit the '19 and are all exact GM style wheels with factory offset and specs.  20" will run you between $800-$850 shipped for a set of 4.  They are OE Creations wheels (distributed by Wheel Pros).  Quality is superb and the finish is flawless.  I have a set of chrome 22" OE Performance wheels (PR196 like last picture) on my '19 Silverado and couldn't be happier.  They balanced out perfect with very little weight.  The first 2 you can get the red GMC vinyl center cap logos to put on them and your factory GMC center caps will fit right on the others. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Awesome!  Thank you for the information.  Love the second last ones especially!!  Will definitely look into these.  Anyone sell there OEM rims?  Wonder what they are getting for them.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:18 PM, mafd2 said:

No sir that's not correct.  2018 and down OEM wheels won't work.  Bolt pattern is still the same but, the offset and spoke angle has changed for 2019 because of the new larger 4 piston calipers.  On 2018 and older wheels, the spokes hit the calipers.  Some people will use spacers for older wheels to clear the calipers but that usually takes a 3/8" which doesn't make the wheel hub centric anymore.  A 3mm spacer is max to keep it hub centric but 3mm isn't enough to clear the caliper.  There are only a few 2018 wheels known to fit the '19.  One of which is shown on the first 2 pics which are from a 2018 Tahoe RST.  TPMS sensors have also changed for 2019.  They are now 433mhz and 2018 down sensors won't work.  I purchased 4 new in package OEM GM sensors for $70 shipped.

Have a link to the TPMS for that price?  Are the 19 TPMS self learning or do they have to be programmed?

39 minutes ago, hogwash said:

Have a link to the TPMS for that price?  Are the 19 TPMS self learning or do they have to be programmed?

I purchased them on ebay sealed in factory GM packages.  The GM part number is  84413357.  Yes, they have to be learned.  Most tire shops don't have the '19 Silverado info in their TPMS tool so they have to enter the vehicle as a 2018 GMC Acadia etc. or a any GM vehicle that uses 433mhz sensors.  That's what my shop did and it works perfect. You can always go to the dealer and have them learn the new sensors. 

s-l1600.jpg

On 5/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, Oh Canada said:

I can't help but think the rims on the AT4 look a lot like rims on a Toyota. 

thanks. once you see it, you can't unsee it.