HALOGEN CHANGE TO LED ON 2019 SILVERADO TRAIL BOSS

HAS ANYONE CHANGED THEIR HEADLIGHTS OVER TO LED?

IF SO HOW MUCH?

PART NUMBER FOR BULBS ?

AND A HOW TO TUTORIAL?

THANKS WINDMILL GREASER 

2019 SILVERADO TRAIL BOSS 

5777128_06615_AIM_b_5c03038c3d807_121583216_2019_Chevrolet_Silverado_1500.jpg

I ordered these. there is another thread going some guys are using another less expensive option as well. you need H11 + 9005

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h11-led-headlight-bulbs-morimoto-2stroke.html?preselect=54761%2C49229%2C54671

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/9005-led-headlight-bulbs-morimoto-2stroke.html?preselect=54764%2C54671

Edited by tomleo67

Do it right and get the housings made for LED's as they are much brighter than halogens. Putting those or HID's in a halogen housing will just blind oncoming traffic and you will be "that guy". Not to mention you may have the common splotchy light projections as LED's aren't uniform in their light emitting like an HID or Halogen bulb. 

Tyler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Do it right and get the housings made for LED's as they are much brighter than halogens. Putting those or HID's in a halogen housing will just blind oncoming traffic and you will be "that guy". Not to mention you may have the common splotchy light projections as LED's aren't uniform in their light emitting like an HID or Halogen bulb. 

Tyler

link?

On 5/27/2019 at 6:25 PM, tomleo67 said:

mine arrived today, installing on Tuesday will report back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

installed and fit no problem, tight getting hands in there. seem to wrk great should be nice at night!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

which one goes in top running lights and high beams ? 

I bought the Supernova PerfectFIT LED H11 bulbs from Headlight Revolution (P/N: PF1.H11).  I think I paid $130 for them but they are almost identical to the stock beam pattern.  A little expensive, but you get what you pay for.  They throw plenty of light where it needs to be and not in oncoming traffic's eyes.  I pulled one of the stock bulbs out to see how easy it was to get in there before I received the new LED's and it was more difficult putting the stock halogen bulb back in than it was to install the new Supernovas.  Was still able to keep the dust covers on too.  Took me about 10 mins to get them in once I got the stock halogens out.

Edited by JuicyJosh
Added P/N
  • Like 1