Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, JSW74 said:

275/65/r20 will fit without any rubbing with a 2 inch level. Regardless of which level. The demo I drove while my dealer did my bed liner had the GM 2 inch level installed on a RST model with 275/65/r20 BFG all terrains. Plenty of clearance. 35x11.50s would clear in my opinion 

GM has a factory 2" level kit for our trucks? That is the first I have come across this info. Was it a top mount or lower level kit?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone running a 20x9 0 offset wheel with a 275/60 20 or bigger tire on a 19 or 20 GMC Sierra with a 2 inch level? If so any issues with rubbing? I have set of 20x9 -12 wheels with a 275/60/20 tire from my 2017 Silverado I went to put on my new Sierra and they rub like crazy on the back side of the tire against the inner fender. Front clears fine.

 

I want to buy a new set of wheels and tires for the truck but I want to make sure I get the correct offset so I don't have any rubbing issues. Also, does anyone know the factory offset on the 20 inch wheels that come on the new Sierra Elevation? I know the wheel is 20x9 with a 275/60/20 tire but not sure the offset. Im assuming its something like +27 +28 but I have found conflicting info online. 

 

Any info anyone can provide on what offsets will clear is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xsquid said:

Truck look good Vmax. Will be removing my Motofab 1.5 lower spacer. RC 2inch leveling struts should be here this week. I install my own lowers. When removing the complete strut do you need the remove the axle nut and push the spline through the hub in order to gain enough clearence to lower the lower control are enough without damage to the axle's to remove the complete strut assemble? 

Thanks.

I didn't when I installed the RC lower spacer. I did remove the axel nut this time based on looking at Ready Lifts SST install instructions & You tube video. Motofab did not say to do this but it definitely needed the extra movement! I did have to lower the control arm quite a bit to get the strut with the spacer installed. Worse part was getting the tabs on the bottom of the strut rotated enough in the opposite direction to get the bolts installed. Now I see why other kits say to unassembled the strut and rotate the strut 180 degrees. It keeps the angle of the stabs on the strut going in the right direction and makes installing the bolts easier. I would think you won't have that problem with the new struts.

Good luck with the install!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bullet3z said:

GM has a factory 2" level kit for our trucks? That is the first I have come across this info. Was it a top mount or lower level kit?

 

 

Yes its the trailboss kit. It’s available thru GM for approximately $1200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JSW74 said:

Yes its the trailboss kit. It’s available thru GM for approximately $1200

That is a Factory 2" lift kit. Not a level kit. The Trail Boss comes with the 2" lift kit which is different than a simple level kit. It adds 2 "s to the front  suspension and 2" to the rear suspension of the truck. The trucks with the factory lift kits are still lower in the front. They need to be raised approximately 2" for the truck to be level front to back. Hence a "level kit".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Vmax08 said:

Changed out the Rough Country 2 inch bottom mount level kit for the Motofab 2.5 inch top mount level kit.

Already had the Rear spacer blocks from my 2014 Sierra installed.

 

 

 

2020 Sierra Levela.jpg

What was the kit number you ended up buying?

I've read reviews that the Motofab kit doesn't fit the 2019's correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Vmax08 said:

Changed out the Rough Country 2 inch bottom mount level kit for the Motofab 2.5 inch top mount level kit.

Already had the Rear spacer blocks from my 2014 Sierra installed.

 

 

 

2020 Sierra Levela.jpg

Why did you change kits? Just the extra 1/2inch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 8:09 PM, brianc636 said:

 


What offset are your wheels and what all did you have to trim? Looking at this tire size with a 0 offset and 9” wheel for my AT4

 

Offset is -6 I believe. I had to rim the mud flap on the inside about 1.5 inches. You can't really tell from the outside. No rubbing issues at all now. After driving for a little over a week my MPG is down about 1 MPG. The ride is a little rougher than stock but not terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, troop12 said:

Is anyone running a 20x9 0 offset wheel with a 275/60 20 or bigger tire on a 19 or 20 GMC Sierra with a 2 inch level? If so any issues with rubbing? I have set of 20x9 -12 wheels with a 275/60/20 tire from my 2017 Silverado I went to put on my new Sierra and they rub like crazy on the back side of the tire against the inner fender. Front clears fine.

 

I want to buy a new set of wheels and tires for the truck but I want to make sure I get the correct offset so I don't have any rubbing issues. Also, does anyone know the factory offset on the 20 inch wheels that come on the new Sierra Elevation? I know the wheel is 20x9 with a 275/60/20 tire but not sure the offset. Im assuming its something like +27 +28 but I have found conflicting info online. 

 

Any info anyone can provide on what offsets will clear is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

my sierra slt came with 275 60 20s  i believe offset is 28.  

 

 

Edited by woodsnwater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, i have a '20 RST. Have ordered 22" black oem replica 24 offset wheels with 285 45 22 tires and 3/8" hubcentric spacers to clear brake calipers. Thinking about in the future trying to upgrade to 305/45/22's. Would a 1.5" level do it or would i need 2". Or would i need 1.25" wheel spacers? It's sad that i haven't even received new wheels and tires and already thinking about next mod/upgrade...lol. I'm wanting the smallest lift as possible as I'm trying to keep that RST street look with rake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that the Readylift leveling kit is the best one and priced accordingly. Curious everyones thought. And also to get an upper or lower. Its for a 2wd LT if that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob133 said:

I read somewhere that the Readylift leveling kit is the best one and priced accordingly. Curious everyones thought. And also to get an upper or lower. Its for a 2wd LT if that matters.

You can do whatever you want - you're 2WD!  😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BowtieSquatch said:

What was the kit number you ended up buying?

I've read reviews that the Motofab kit doesn't fit the 2019's correctly.

This is the kit I bought off E bay.

From Motofab website: 07-20 Chevy GMC Silverado / Sierra 1500 2.5" Front Leveling Lift Kit SKU: CH-2.5.

I emailed Motofab to ask about fitment and was told "may need to trim the studs a very small amount just enough to be below the spacer.  The directions are the same for the newer trucks".

The spacer for the 2.5 kit is 1.66 thick and I did not have to trim the studs. The biggest issue was aligning the mounting tabs on the bottom of the strut to the control arm as you have to rotate the strut 180°after installing the spacer. This caused the angle of the control arm & the tabs on the strut to be going in opposite directions if that makes sense. I saw where other top mount kits disassembled the strut and rotated the strut 180°. I assume this corrects the issue of missalignment. Just had it aligned today without any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rob133 said:

Why did you change kits? Just the extra 1/2inch?

I changed based on all the talk of the clearance issues with the bottom spacer.

The extra 1/2 inch was a bonus!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2020 at 9:19 PM, bullet3z said:

That is a Factory 2" lift kit. Not a level kit. The Trail Boss comes with the 2" lift kit which is different than a simple level kit. It adds 2 "s to the front  suspension and 2" to the rear suspension of the truck. The trucks with the factory lift kits are still lower in the front. They need to be raised approximately 2" for the truck to be level front to back. Hence a "level kit".

I’m curious how does the factory 2” lift the rear? If it’s just a 2” block couldn’t that be replaced with a 1” block (or removed altogether) so you sit more level? i mean I feel like that would be the easiest solution instead of trying to raise the front even more

Edited by Duramax3oh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.