In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019+ leveled trucks

On 3/9/2021 at 3:07 AM, dram1983361 said:

On a 2wd it's not as critical since there is no front axle shaft that could potentially hit/rub on a bottom mount if you go with 2"+ lift blocks. You could go with either or both depending on how high you go. More than 3" I believe (someone who's done it correct me if I'm wrong) you will want to consider getting new upper control arms.

Bottom mounts are a little easier to install since you don't have to remove the struts. You should still get the alignment checked regardless of which type of level you use as well.

Makes sense. I appreciate the insight! Still trying to learn the ins and outs of this truck!

• 5 months later...

I have read through all 35 pages and didn't see the answer to a question I have. 

I have a 2020 Denali and just installed Motofab 1.5" front leveling blocks. The kit did not come with the ARC relocation bracket, nor is it shown anywhere on Motofabs site (other companies supply them with a 2" lift). My question is, do I need the brackets (I don't have any dash sensors lighting up) or will I be okay without them? I have called and emailed the company, but they are not responding. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some help here: I have a 2019 crew LT z71. I want to level but avoid any nose up. Planning to do eibach adjustable shocks. My question is getting the level height right. When comparing to many on the threads (non trail boss or at4) my factory stance seems much different in existing rake and ride height. Currently ground to rear measures at 38 7/8 and front 37 3/4. Roughly 1 1/8” different. Same tire to fender rear 7 1/4 and front 6 1/2. I have about 20k mi so maybe some settling in. I’m concerned the adjustable setting on the shocks putting me at 1.7” could get me nose high. Of course I could add a block to the rear though trying to get it right with the front level. Were others this close on ride height and successful with a 1.5” or in this case 1.7” level? There is one lower setting on the eibach, but doesn’t seem right to do all the effort for .07”. Welcoming any helpful input here. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.  I just traded in my 2015 1500 4x4 for a 2021 Z71 RST.  We also recently purchased a 25ft travel trailer that I'll be pulling every month or so with this truck.

My old truck had 2" level, and at some point I'd like my new one to sit a little higher as well.  However, since I will be towing with it I want to maintain the factory rake (which is just under 2").  Even with the WD, the back end drops a little more than the front.

I was thinking of making the upgrade functional instead of just cosmetic and doing Blistien 5100's up front and setting them for a 1.5-2.0" level, rather than just adding spacers.  I was going to go with the 5100's for the rear as well to help with towing and adding a block as well to lift the same amount as the front.

Any issues with this approach, or is there another option I should be considering?  Is there a better option for the rear than the Blistien 5100's plus a block?

20210904_093615.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:06 AM, Brandon Martin said:

Is it better to use the leveling "pucks" that go on top of the strut or the brackets on bottom?

If you are 4WD, then pucks that mount on top of the strut for sure.  If you are 2WD then the location is irrelevant.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:09 PM, malibu43 said:

Hey everyone.  I just traded in my 2015 1500 4x4 for a 2021 Z71 RST.  We also recently purchased a 25ft travel trailer that I'll be pulling every month or so with this truck.

My old truck had 2" level, and at some point I'd like my new one to sit a little higher as well.  However, since I will be towing with it I want to maintain the factory rake (which is just under 2").  Even with the WD, the back end drops a little more than the front.

I was thinking of making the upgrade functional instead of just cosmetic and doing Blistien 5100's up front and setting them for a 1.5-2.0" level, rather than just adding spacers.  I was going to go with the 5100's for the rear as well to help with towing and adding a block as well to lift the same amount as the front.

Any issues with this approach, or is there another option I should be considering?  Is there a better option for the rear than the Blistien 5100's plus a block?

20210904_093615.jpg

That will work fine.  Check out the Eibach Pro Truck lift.  It provides springs as well as shocks and the difference in handling is significant.  My truck pulls a trailer much nicer now and handles greater weights without the sway and pontoon effect.

This is my 2019 AT4 leveled with Bilstein 6112’s and 2” MotoFab top spacers. It initially was 3/4” high in the front but after 100 miles settled to perfectly level.

04E74569-96DF-49DC-91C1-BE0785B4968D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bullseye07 said:

Has anyone done the fox 2.0 coilover kit? 

I tried to get a Fox 2.0 kit last month, but I couldn't find them in stock.  I ended up with Icon Stage 1 instead.  Extremely happy with ride quality and off road performance.  (I'm only 2WD, so nothing muddy or too difficult...just fast dirt trails)  It sits little high in front...maybe because it is 2WD and light in the nose, so I'm going to block it up 1" in the back.  

2 hours ago, Seagate Life said:

I tried to get a Fox 2.0 kit last month, but I couldn't find them in stock.  I ended up with Icon Stage 1 instead.  Extremely happy with ride quality and off road performance.  (I'm only 2WD, so nothing muddy or too difficult...just fast dirt trails)  It sits little high in front...maybe because it is 2WD and light in the nose, so I'm going to block it up 1" in the back.  

I was originally planning on bilstein 6112s and 5160s but they’re out of stock everywhere. The fox 2.0 were only a little more and in stock so went ahead and ordered them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the 1 inch cognito leveling kit.  I know most of you want 1.5-2 inches, but for my eyes 1 inch looks right.  I will be installing later this week or weekend.