In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019+ leveled trucks

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit that goes over the strut. Installation was a ******, took about 9 hours with the help of a mechanic. Mind you we also aligned it and swapped out sensors for new aftermarket rims as well. With that said it only raised the front of my 2021 2wd Custom 1.5". Was truly hoping for a true 2 inch raise. I was able to get 22 inch rims with 33/12.5/22r tires on it. It only rubs on the passenger side on full right turn. ill try to get pictures ASAP. after reading the last 36 pages and me not really going off roading with my 2WD, i wish i would have gone with the simple 2 inch under the strut leveling kit from ready lift. Gotten the same look i assume and would have had it done in less than an hour. 

When i called Rough Country about which part (over or under mount) to buy for the leveling kit, they advised I can use either one, but that the under strut kit was less sturdy and would wear down other suspension components much faster than going with the top mounted spacer. They strongly recommended i get the top mounted part. I have 15K miles on my truck so i figured let me go with the "better" kit to last longer....I got buyers remorse now. But on the other had I love my 22" rims on 33" tires combo. 😀

Im not exactly sure why it took ( hours install time? 

I just installed a motofab 2" on top of strut level kit on my 2021 RST and took 1.5 hours tops. went well and easy. 

But I must say it did lift full 2"s and now I must get a 1" block in rear to level as the front is now higher than the rear. 

16 hours ago, rbdjr said:

Im not exactly sure why it took ( hours install time? 

I just installed a motofab 2" on top of strut level kit on my 2021 RST and took 1.5 hours tops. went well and easy. 

But I must say it did lift full 2"s and now I must get a 1" block in rear to level as the front is now higher than the rear. 

The instructions were not that great with the cutting of the studs, it just did not go smooth. I felt more like a mod job than a plug and play part. Just my opinion. I expected a 2-3 hour job and i ended up spending all day on it. 

Reading through this massive thread and something I keep seeing that I think needs clarified is tires are NOMINALLY sized, meaning not all 33x12.5’s or 295/60/20 or X/Y/Z tire is the same. 

You have to look at the specific dimensions for each manufacturer & brand of tire. For instance some nominally sized 33’s may have actual dimensions of 32.5 or less. Others may be slightly > 33. 

Depending how tight your clearance is (or isn’t) you may end up with rub issues over these minor differences. 

• Like 1