Falken Wildpeak AT3W Long Term?

2017 GMC Sierra 4x4 1500. 

Im getting ready to swap off my Duratracs with 27 k miles. They are noisy as heck and rotations are not quieting them down anymore. They are 70% worn and have been great in everything but icy roads this last winter. 

How are the Falkens holding up? Road noise? Issues? Are they as great, awesome and amazing as all the reviews say? Anyone wish they went with General Grabber ATX or similar? ATX is the only other tire I’m considering. I owned 4 sets of AT2’s and loved them. 

How are the sidewalls? Winter performance? Mud? 

The Falkens come in XL rating for my size 276/55/20. I’m staying stock until my warranty runs out. 

Most everything else requires sizing up or getting an LT tire. Trying to stay away from LT’s.

Thanks guys. 

Edited by Bikemobile
  • Like 1

I've put about 8k miles on mine so far, just about to do my first rotation. The only con I have is that my truck developed the Chevy shake after getting rid of the stock tires, but I can't say for certain that any other tire could have prevented it. I work at a motocross track that is notoriously sandy and plow in the winter and I've never found a tire that can excel in both like these do. That are absolutely unreal in slick conditions, I could barely feather the throttle with the stock tires in the rain and now I can hammer down and never run out of grip.

• Like 1

I have 22k on my Falken Wildpeak AT3W (275/60R20) and have nothing but positive to say about them. They do not break lose like you'd expect, arent loud and are wearing very well! I easily see myself getting the 50-55K mile warranty out of them. They are also priced very well and are not much heavier then stock tires despite how much more aggressive they are!

They are 175$ a piece on amazon, discount tire should match it.. I believe I was out a tad under 900 for my 275/60/20's mounted and balanced.

image.thumb.png.eccbede1fb87b854151b73f1ef7ff455.png

Edited by texasaggies16

I wanted a little taller of a tire, it was basically the same price for either. The 55 is around 32.3" tall and the 60 is around 33.1"..

Wanted to not throw my speedo off too much but get a little more sidewall. Will likely be looking for a 285/60 next go around because sometimes the 275 seems a tad narrow.

• Like 1

275/60/20 Wildpeaks on my 2016.  I have approx 16k miles on them.  Very smooth and quiet. I've rotated them twice and they have shown very even wear.  I haven't done much off roading in them but they have proved to have excellent traction in rain and snow. 

Over the years on my previous Sierra I have tried Hankooks, General, and BFG.  For the money, these Falkens cannot be beat!

No doubt I will buy again.

3 minutes ago, MY164X4 said:

Are they good tires for highway driving or stick with p rated tires

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mine are P rated 275/60/20 and excellent on the highway

I have a set of 285/70/17 that I’m running now. I love these tires. Had them rotated about 1500 miles ago and they still run great. Even swapped out my stock rims for PPV rims. I love them and will definitely buy again. I think I got mine for right at $700 at discount tire about 6-7 months ago.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

These Falkens tires what are they like when driving in the rain... highway, street?

My ko2 slides most of the time in the rain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had 35.12.50.17 KO2s on my old mega cab and I love these so much better. Never had an issue in what little rain we get here in AZ. Have not had a chance to take them fully off road trails yet so not sure there.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!