In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Bikemobile

Falken Wildpeak AT3W Long Term?

On 8/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, MrWeller said:

Have you used them in snow too? Curious how they handle that in addition to your other conditions that you mentioned... I'm looking for options for my 15 Sierra with Max Trailering Package and 20" tires before winter gets here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a set last winter in WI.  They are outstanding and a hell of a lot quieter and smoother driving than KO2!  Most snow I had them in was about 12", no problem in 2wd.  Icy conditions they were excellent as well, they almost stop as good as the wifes Bizzaks.  I can only compare to Cooper AT3 and Cooper Zeon in the snow and I would take the Wildpeaks every time.  We'll see how they do this winter with 16,000 miles on them.

I have about 12K on mine right now and love them. Fantastic for the price and I would get another set in a heartbeat. Quiet for the design and tread pattern and wearing like iron right now. I have them at 37psi right now and that seems to be about perfect. I can not recommend these enough over the BFG and stock Goodyear’s. 

Yes, they did fine in snow. Although, we only had one 'real' snow storm in St. Louis over the winter and outside of that is was either ice or above freezing. We did get about 11 inches in the one bad storm and I drove 45 miles from work to home in it with no issues. St Louis only sees 16 inches of snow per year, which is nothing for me. I grew up in Michigan, so I would consider that more of a real snow test to the tires. Looks like you're from South Dakota, so our St. Louis winters aren't much compared to what you see.

I grew up in Michigan as well! I would imagine we may have a bit more winter up here in SD than you see in St. Louis though! I've got some BFGoodrich tires on it right now, but before deer hunting season gets here, I'd like to have a new set of 10 ply tires on the pickup so it's ready for some fun in the Black Hills deer season and then winter in South Dakota!

I have about 12K on mine right now and love them. Fantastic for the price and I would get another set in a heartbeat. Quiet for the design and tread pattern and wearing like iron right now. I have them at 37psi right now and that seems to be about perfect. I can not recommend these enough over the BFG and stock Goodyear’s. 

I only have about 500 miles on mine and I feel the same way. They seem like an awesome tire for the money.

Installed my 1.5” Motofab level a few days ago and have had the tires on for awhile. Still adjusting to the AT tire noise, but outside of that they’ve been great. 

I'm at 50k on the P275/60R20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my Sierra. They have been wearing nicely and evenly. Should get another 10k out of them without issues.

Installed my 1.5” Motofab level a few days ago and have had the tires on for awhile. Still adjusting to the AT tire noise, but outside of that they’ve been great. 

How’s the 1.5 inch level? Any pics? Been contemplating either the Motofab 1 inch, 1.5 inch or just waiting it out till I need shocks and doing adjustable Eibachs. For my needs and tastes I can’t ever see needing to go more than 1.5. Shoot, If I’m talking “need” then I don’t need to do anything other than keep it stock.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:07 PM, Cupton said:

How’s the 1.5 inch level? Any pics? Been contemplating either the Motofab 1 inch, 1.5 inch or just waiting it out till I need shocks and doing adjustable Eibachs. For my needs and tastes I can’t ever see needing to go more than 1.5. Shoot, If I’m talking “need” then I don’t need to do anything other than keep it stock. emoji6.png

Installation was really easy after taking awhile to break the balljoint and I would say I’m pretty pleased with the Motofab 1.5 level. I only took one picture but I think it looks much better in person than the quick pic I took right after rolling out of my garage. I think the look is pretty subtle, but that may be because most trucks from my local dealership come with a 2.5 level with 275/65 K02’s so that’s the look I’m used to seeing every day on this body style truck. Ride quality is the same and it kept some rake in the truck. At first I would say it’s not that big of a deal until you notice a stock truck and how low the air dam is to the ground. 

388AF0DD-4959-40C7-96C1-2CA9A09BAE2A.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BSherrod said:

Installation was really easy after taking awhile to break the balljoint and I would say I’m pretty pleased with the Motofab 1.5 level. I only took one picture but I think it looks much better in person than the quick pic I took right after rolling out of my garage. I think the look is pretty subtle, but that may be because most trucks from my local dealership come with a 2.5 level with 275/65 K02’s so that’s the look I’m used to seeing every day on this body style truck. Ride quality is the same and it kept some rake in the truck. At first I would say it’s not that big of a deal until you notice a stock truck and how low the air dam is to the ground. 

388AF0DD-4959-40C7-96C1-2CA9A09BAE2A.jpeg

Nice! Looks great! 

• Like 1

Pulled my 5k camper 150 miles this weekend over Monarch pass. These tires are great with the XL load. 

Edited by Bikemobile

Is anyone running 275/60/20 on stock suspension? Will I run into any rubbing issues?

Any new comments on these with say 20-25K on them as far as noise and wear?  Also, overall rain performance?