In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I was talking with a buddy, just the other day, and saying that my truck has been a pretty good truck.  I have the Yukon SUV and I have over 200,000 miles on it now. It's a 99 and I've owned for almost 20 years.

I hasn't been flawless, but (overall), it's been a pretty good truck.  When I bought it, I would never have expected it to make it over 200,000 miles without a whole host of major issues.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sebastian Richardson
      I want to turbo my soon be mine 05 2500hd, and I mostly need this for better towing but the extra power would be nice as well. I'm going to get new fuel pump, oil return, new intercooler and pipes, etc and I'm looking to like maybe 500hp out of the 6.0. Any advice for extra parts for reliability? I dont want to go crazy, this will be my daily driver.
    • By videoarizona
      Search returned no results??  Can't believe everyone is happy with the bad quality of the back up cameras on the 2015 trucks. I have a Denali, and for the top of the line truck, the camera is worse than a 20 year old consumer hand hold video camera. Seriously.

I've looked at various aftermarket options, but none of them say they are any better. Even Dorman simply says better lens material for better quality. Really? Same camera, better lens?

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!

BTW, been lurking for almost a year now...and really enjoying the learning experience this forum and it's members have brought to my retired life!!

Thank you,
    • By JamesAT18
      I have the bose audio system in my 2018 All Terrain. I have the XM Radio trial and I have my subscription to Spotify. After about 2 month of ownership I've realized that the XM Radio has significant better quality in sound than using apps from my phone by bluetooth, or apple play. I have adjusted some settings within those apps to play the highest quality yet it doesn't translate as well as the XM Radio. 

Each time I switch between the two. I have to crank up the volume for spotify and crank it back down when on XM.

Anyone else experience that? Any resolution?
    • By NickMP16
      Hi everyone,
      I'm new to the forum but I have been doing my research on the new generation of gm half ton trucks. Long story short, I was in a very bad car accident back in December, I came out of a small acura tsx 6 speed (5 star crash safety rating) which is the reason I'm alive. Ive been looking pretty consistently at 2013+ rams, and the 2014+ gmc sierras and chevy silverados. I really like the styling of the new sierras and silverados but I have been reading threads regarding lots of issues that they seem to be plagued by. I wanted to see if anyone can voice a long term perspective on the 14's. From what I've been reading it looks like theres a lot of lemons out there. As far as configurations, I'd want to have 4wd, the 5.3 power plant and a crew/quad cab option. I would mainly be using the truck to commute to and from school. I'm 19 and go to school full time with two jobs on the side, needless to say I don't make enough money to be fixing a lemon if I get stuck with one. I need a truck that can last me at least 5-8 years thats safe and somewhat decent on gas. Thank you
      -Nick
    • By Zzz
      Is this normal? Dealer stated this should be fine "fluid & pressure changes maybe" if not that the 3 year warranty will cover it should some failure occur so don't worry. The shutter, I and the dealer felt at follow up visit can only be felt at parking speeds. Backing in and out of parking places turning the steering wheel over the full range. It is felt through the steering wheel. There are other questionable quality concerns already searchable here in topics like the drive train noises etc. (I do believe those are typical after reading through many others concerns that are similar on here) I didn't see much on this one though...