A GM / Ford Merger???

I think almost all companies will fail do to the inability to reach the EPA standards and no one is able to think of useful options. If they add an option it is something to do with the tablet on the dash and not a real option like windshield wipers or a spare tire. All options are for the most part useless. To add on the price of a car is so expensive that young people are opting for other options of transportation and would pass on spending money on a car or truck.

Interesting that the article states: GM also has the advantage that it is considered to make among the most dependable American cars.

If you read most truck or car magazines you would get the opposite impression.  My own experience with Ford and Chrysler has been negative and with GM more positive.  It is very difficult to get any unbiased data on dependability.

Ford sells a lot more trucks. Don't forget, GM needed a government bailout while Ford didn't.

Ford is getting out of the car business and Chevy just cut down the number of cars.

I predict Ford will focus on SUVs and trucks while Chevy focuses on cars.

• Like 1

Naaa, Ford is fine. As far a the most dependable cars, neither is on that list. Large trucks and SUVs both done well in the recent past. As for lately that’s to be determined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford sells a lot more trucks.

No they don't, if you combine Chevrolet and GMC sales. Considering the Sierra and Silverado are the same (don't even start, they are the same), no way are there more F-series Fords sold to outnumber Sierra and Silverado combined. This is a common sales gimmick Ford uses, they only compare to Chevrolet and claim a win. They have done this for years, and it's false.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

To further my claim, look at what's used for full size truck fleets, for construction crews, road crews, you name it.

I see a lot more GM than I do Ford. It's for a reason.

You don't ever see a giant fleet of Tundras Rams, or Titans.

Gee, I wonder why. [emoji849]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Ford sells a lot more trucks. Don't forget, GM needed a government bailout while Ford didn't.

Ford is getting out of the car business and Chevy just cut down the number of cars.

I predict Ford will focus on SUVs and trucks while Chevy focuses on cars.

Ford didn't need a bailout but they were all too happy to take a $5.9 billion gift for fuel efficient technologies.