A GM / Ford Merger???

9 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

No they don't, if you combine Chevrolet and GMC sales. Considering the Sierra and Silverado are the same (don't even start, they are the same), no way are there more F-series Fords sold to outnumber Sierra and Silverado combined. This is a common sales gimmick Ford uses, they only compare to Chevrolet and claim a win. They have done this for years, and it's false.

I see 40,546 Sierra and 114,313 Silverado... and 214,611 F-Series.. so... Ford sells more than the two combined. Believe me, I factored that in. I'm not biased here, I am just saying what I am reading.

here it is: Motrolix Article

8 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Ford didn't need a bailout but they were all too happy to take a $5.9 billion gift for fuel efficient technologies.

All manufacturers benefited from that incentive. We lost Dodge to Fiat. Well, it wasn't that much of a loss. The government wanted fuel efficiency and needed to provide the manufacturers incentive, but gas prices were at its lows which made it more difficult. The carrot still needed to be dangled.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, Wiggums said:

All manufacturers benefited from that incentive. We lost Dodge to Fiat. Well, it wasn't that much of a loss. The government wanted fuel efficiency and needed to provide the manufacturers incentive, but gas prices were at its lows which made it more difficult. The carrot still needed to be dangled.

True, but Ford fanboys can cool their jets about "built without taxpayer dollars". Not necessarily true. 

15 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

True, but Ford fanboys can cool their jets about "built without taxpayer dollars". Not necessarily true. 

If Chevy sales don't catch up with Ford, that might happen again. Both screwed up by not thinking ahead. Both, period. Ford was in a better position though.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:19 AM, HeySkippyDog said:

No they don't, if you combine Chevrolet and GMC sales. Considering the Sierra and Silverado are the same (don't even start, they are the same), no way are there more F-series Fords sold to outnumber Sierra and Silverado combined. This is a common sales gimmick Ford uses, they only compare to Chevrolet and claim a win. They have done this for years, and it's false.

Sent from my shitty SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using CRAP-a-talk

Actually with how terrible the 2019 Sierra and Silverado are selling, Ford is going to run away with the best selling truck.  Even the Ram is outselling the Silverado and Sierra. 

And Ford took government handouts/funding in years past so they are just as tainted with the borrowing money from the government as Dodge and GM. 

One of the Federal Class Actions filed against GM for the brake issue states GM is a foreign owned Corporation.

Delaware LLC.

Ford’s finance arm is a LLC, but not Ford.

I see no merger in the future. Better chances of Bill and Hillary finally gettin divorced.

Edited by Paintor

I predict GM and Ford will merge right after Hillary Clinton gets elected President for her 4th term, or I win my 5th Powerball jackpot, whichever comes first. 

(And Presidents can only be elected to 2 terms, and I haven't bought any lottery tickets lately, so there.)  

Edited by MaverickZ71