2020 Silverado HD/Sierra HD Build Thread

9 minutes ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Have you heard any updates this week?

Yes..It has been built and is at event code 4B00 waiting for transporter.  Not sure how long that will take but its built.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CRApex said:

Yes..It has been built and is at event code 4B00 waiting for transporter.  Not sure how long that will take but its built.

That's great! I know you're excited. Keep us updated!

Hey all, first post...just ordered my 2020 Diesel, LTZ.  My dealer here in CA just got their pricing, but still know nothing about the trucks.  Does anyone have info on the interior?  Specifically, if there is a difference in the look of a Z71 versus regular LTZ.  If I remember correctly the older models had a different look between the two, the wood grain inserts and the silver trim was different. 

Received a call from my dealer today and My truck went into production. Unfortunately they kicked out the snow prep package because I ordered the sunroof. I will have to install 220 alternator when it gets to dealer. Thought they finally changed the way they do it but guess not.  :(

3 hours ago, HR3 said:

Received a call from my dealer today and My truck went into production. Unfortunately they kicked out the snow prep package because I ordered the sunroof. I will have to install 220 alternator when it gets to dealer. Thought they finally changed the way they do it but guess not.  :(

If it's the alternator you're after, you can order it without getting snowplow package.

If it's a Dmax, it's included on 2020's..

Applies to all trims:

KW5         Alternator, 220 amps
1 - Included with (L5P) Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package. Free flow on (L8T) 6.6L V8 gas engine.

The problem is the factory took the order with snow plow package and sunroof together . When it went into production they dropped the snow plow package without notifying dealer of change . If they would have not taken order with both plow pkg and sunroof when the order was submitted I would have been able to just add the alternator before prediction. I have the org order when it was excepted just sucks the way they did it. 

1 hour ago, HR3 said:

The problem is the factory took the order with snow plow package and sunroof together . When it went into production they dropped the snow plow package without notifying dealer of change . If they would have not taken order with both plow pkg and sunroof when the order was submitted I would have been able to just add the alternator before prediction. I have the org order when it was excepted just sucks the way they did it. 

I wouldn't accept it. Make them build you a different one.

7 hours ago, HR3 said:

That's lame. Neither line item on the order guide says anything about not being able to combine the two. I was planning on this combination as well for different reasons. I wanted the pass through grommet, emergency light wiring(for light bar) and heavy springs.  

They wouldn’t let me get both on the 2015 I have. If you build 2019 on site it kicks it out so I was hoping that whim I put the order in and it didn’t kick it out right away I figured they finally paid attention to ford and allowed us to have both