Whey doesn't Silverado get fender trims?

One of the problem areas I experience on my truck is paint loss and chipping around the wheel well edges.  They always get rusty first too.  Why doesn't GM give the Silverado similar fender will trim that the Sierra has?  If the Chevy dealer was not in my town I would just buy a Sierra.  What gives?

GMCflare.JPG                                                              Chevyflarechev.JPG

Edited by teyaroch

2 hours ago, CHEVY86CANADA said:

Because GM always made GMC's truck line a bit more ''luxurious'' in a sense, the inside is always a bit better, hence why Denali looks way better than High Country year after year.

Well I wouldn't get to carried away! A lot of folks in my area think the new GMC Denali looks like a Titan.

Your local dealer will service the Sierra just fine, go buy one a few towns over... I've almost always preferred the GMC variants of the full size trucks... There are some nice after market options out there for Chevy... Not sure what my next truck will be, I kinda prefer the Sierra in the T1 line...

I much rather a truck without the well trim. I think the Silverado fender wells look so much better than the Sierra. I just can't get used to Sierra's fugly "sim card" fender wells. Hidious... I've heard so many people say how ugly the Sierra fender wells are.  WTH were they thinking??? 

Silverado = Crew Truck. Sierra = Boss's truck. Gotta get something for that $1,500 price jump. Like real Aluminum interior trim vs painted plastic, liners, flares, and better looks. GMC always launches a feature before Chevy, like the cargo lights in the box rails, multipro tailgate, adaptive cruise, two tone interiors etc. 

43 minutes ago, teyaroch said:

Actually, the GM wont let a chevy dealer do GMC warranty work again.

Are you sure about that? Maybe in a large city. My dealer sells and services both GMC and Chevrolet as well as Buick. They used to sell Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac also before the bailout.   

Are you sure about that? Maybe in a large city. My dealer sells and services both GMC and Chevrolet as well as Buick. They used to sell Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac also before the bailout.   
I would always take my Chevy to a gmc dealer because they were locally owned and i received way better service. This was in Houston and I never had an issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk